•crash•

A/N Chapter 4, also school's starting soon so I might not post as often✨

—Marinette's pov—

"MARINETTE WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE-" I shut Tikki's mouth and groan.

"One more minute pleaseee."

"mfntsoostso" Oops. I let go of Tikki's mouth. She gasps and says "SCHOOL STARTS... A MINUTE AGO!"

I jolt out of bed immediately, struggle opening the trapdoor, and stumble downstairs. I can't miss a day of seeing Adrien! Right, Adrien hates me now. Great Marinette, you had one job and you couldn't do it properly. I see Papa sitting at the dining table and go up to him. 

"Papa, where's Maman?" I inquire. "She seemed sick last night."

Papa turns around to me and I gasp in horror. I'd never seen him so sad before. I had a bad feeling this was related to Maman.

"P-Papa? What's wrong?" I whimper. I didn't want to know what happened but needed to. I mustered strength as he opened his mouth to speak. 

"Marinette, there's something we've been hiding from you." I lower my head. I knew it. Maman's not ok.

"Um, Grand-mère's not doing ok. She's terribly sick and your Maman has- gone to see her." I saw a glimpse of...dishonesty in Papa's eyes, but he wouldn't hide anything from me, right? He's never lied to me! But again, I lie to him all the time. Maman as well. Being Ladybug comes with being a good old Lie-la. Ugh, I don't even want to think about her.

I think Papa was telling the whole truth. Now if Maman's really with Grand-mère, she won't be with us for a few days. Papa's the only one I got. I sigh as I think of Grand-mère. We had such good times together. I couldn't imagine her d-dead. I swallow down my misery and start running to school.

When I reached school, Adrien and Lila were standing at the door, as if they were waiting to taunt me more. My heart dropped. I was scared of Adrien taunting me, of all people. The one whose schedule I had memorized by heart. The one who was my true love. I frowned and walked to sit next to Alya. Lilabrat didn't let me so easily.

"Hey Maribrat, jealous yet? My Adribaby's ALL MINE, happy now?" She whispered as she flipped her hair into my face. I groaned. She didn't have to rub it in.

Adrien smirked. "Yeah, Maribrat. It's what you get for pushing my girlfriend down the stairs." Alix, Mylene, and Rose went to stand next to Lila to support her. I closed my eyes so the tears wouldn't escape this time. My own dear friends believed that liar more than they did me. I opened them again and everything was blurry. 

"Ha, the loser's crying!" Lila exclaimed. I clenched my fists and was about to punch Liela in the face when Alya and Chloe picked me up and took me away outside.

"I-I never did anything to deserve this, did I?" I asked the two girls standing in front of me. They shook their head no but everyone was lying these days. I couldn't trust anyone. Sweet little Rose had even compared me to Lila. The comparison's really killing me inside, slowly, and I hate it. But there's nothing I can do about it...

After school, I ran straight home.

I crashed into a street light and muttered sorry to it. I kept thinking about Grand-mère and Maman. I missed them both so much.  I thought about the humiliation today and Adrien. I was crying inside. Without foolishly looking both ways, I rushed to cross the street. That's when it happened.

I heard shouts saying stop and looked around in confusion. Then, I saw it. A grey limousine was headed right my way, and I tried to get out of the way but it was too late. I felt the impact of the limo as I fell and felt my body hit the asphalt. I tried to scream but everything was spinning, and black dots scarred my vision. Shakily, I reached my hand up and tried to ask for help. I could feel my body melting into the ground, my head pounding, my consciousness fading. 

The last thing I saw was a pair of sea-blue eyes.

A/N 711 words lol, hoped you like the ✨drama✨. Bug out!