|><| Chapter twenty one : See me after class

Začít od začátku

" You guys, that's enough. Give it back" Hyungwon heard Changkyun says, lightly giving a laugh midway. He tried to take the notebook but the other students happen to be taller than him, and it didn't look he was trying that hard to get it either.

Hyungwon frown, What's so special about that damn notebook anyway?
He mentally asked as he turned away. Unknowingly feeling a little invidious. He saw Changkyun playing with that thing earlier as well, with the girl trying to take it from his hands too. It couldn't be that important.

Randomly, He snatched a folder and flipped it open but did not really looked through it's contents. Ignoring the little commotion at the back. Seems like the students has not noticed there's still a teacher around. Hyungwon had been ghostly quiet the whole time after all, he wouldn't blame them. But he's literally right there, surely one or two of them would notice. Maybe they really just don't care, Hyungwon has not been scolding and nagging at them like Kihyun had been doing after all.

"Yah! SHE LIKES CHANGKYUN! I KNEW IT!"

That made Hyungwon snapped his head. The students, not more than nine, including Changkyun and Ha Seon are still where they were when he last turned his attention at them. The notebook, which assumably belonged to Ha Seon is now open in the hands of a female student.

"You guys went too far, that's so rude"
Changkyun quickly snatched it from her hands, flipped it close without looking at it's contents and awkwardly gave it back to Ha Seon. The girl standing there twice as awkward. The students teasing them for the boy's actions.

Hyungwon almost felt the embarrassment Ha Seon feels. Imagine getting something like that read out loud in front for everyone. Teenagers could be so cruel. He almost felt bad for the girl. Almost. Because for some reason he doesn't. Instead, he found himself huffing as he turn away.

He pretended to be working on something, but still listened to the other students playfully tease them. All whilst Changkyun awkwardly and irritatedly telling them to cut it out. Believing it's some sort of a prank pulled either on him or on the both of them.

" I do really like you a lot Changkyunie"

" Ooohhh"

Hyungwon deeply furrow his eyebrows at that. What now? She's saying that so firmly infront of everyone?

"Seriously, guys, stop messi-"

" I'm not joking" Ha Seon quickly interrupted Changkyun. There were a few words from both sides after that but it had been quite hard to listen into as the other students were not that quiet. Hyungwon strained his hearing as he listens quietly to what's coming next.

"...ything written here is for you. I was planning to give this on foundation day but as you can see..that didn't go as planned. I..I hope you can accept my feelings"

Hyungwon assumed she's trying to hand him something. Most probably the notebook they've been messing around with. He took a small peak towards their direction. Though Changkyun didn't notice his gaze, Hyungwon noticed Changkyun's conflicted expression. He knew the boy enough to know he was far from being comfortable. The poor boy was put on the spot, being asked out infront of his schoolmates like that, even when there's teachers around, kids these days are so unnecessarily and annoyingly bold.

Hyungwon didn't know what to actually think nor feel of the situation. Should he be happy? Maybe this will help Changkyun forget about what happened. Should he feel sad, because maybe this will actually make him forget? Or should he be annoyed towards Ha Seon for asking him infront of other people?

Changkyun seems to not be sure whether to take them seriously or not. Half of him still thinking it's a prank while the other is convinced it's real.

"Im Changkyun" Hyungwon called, even before Changkyun could open his mouth to respond and even before Hyungwon could stop himself to. The boy looked relieved to be saved but his face hardens when he realized who it was that called. But still, he took the chance to flee, exactly the same thing the teacher did to him just a few weeks ago.