|><| Chapter Nineteen : Can I call you mine?

Start from the beginning

" With my great unfortunate luck, we somehow are" Hyungwon respond to the question with a dramatic sigh. I made Changkyun laugh a little by the way he delivered it.

After that, silence fell between them once again. Hyungwon went back to his book while Changkyun continued with his homework. A comfortable atmosphere sitting around them, small whispers of the wind would pass accompanied with the soft sound of keyboard typing with occasional almost inaudible page turnings. It felt wonderful and relaxing for the both of them, despite Changkyun  burning out his remaining braincells over an essay, he was at ease and happy. Hyungwon's presence already kicking out the pressure and stress away. Secretly, he hopes his own presence does the same for the teacher.

Closing his laptop and pushing it aside, Changkyun decided he's done for the time being. He had written enough, the essay is not due until Tuesday morning anyways. He'll just finish it at home later, or maybe tomorrow if he doesn't feel like it. He rolled from his position, fully laying down on the picnic blanket again. His arm unitendedly brushing along Hyungwon's leg as they share the blanket. A small sigh escaped his mouth, happy to be free from such a tiring braincell work-out.

The older didn't seem to notice his movements, not caring how close they were as he was completely emersed in his book. With this, Changkyun was able to take his sweet time admiring the teacher's beauty. He scooted ever so slightly away from him and  layed on his side, facing the older. Using his hands as his pillow, his eyes shamelessly only looking at Hyungwon.

The teacher always gets so deep into his books, and Changkyun adores that about him. Not only it let him stare and memorize his pretty face, it also shows his love for literature. Seeing the older does the things he loves is something that Changkyun love as well.

Hyungwon looks the best when his head is lost in between those printed sentences, his peach lips close firmly, his big doe eyes moving from left to right then back again as they run over those stitches of worded art. His face don't usually leak any emotions when he reads, but Changkyun learned that his eyes are expressive enough to have an idea of what he was thinking or feeling.

Right now, they look inquisitive and determined as if he's trying to decode something, trying to understand a phrase or a whole paragraph, or maybe even the whole book itself.

Changkyun let his eyes leave the beauty of his crush' face and let it land on the book in his hands. He squinted his eyes to look at what he was reading.

No coward soul is mine
Emily Bronté

Changkyun frowned, he hasn't read that before. Not surprising as he isn't much of a reader, he may have a soft spot for writing but that doesn't mean he's a total bookworm. Writing and reading though related in their own ways is still and forever will be two different things. After all, he is more on music than actual literature.

"Done?"

Changkyun flinched slightly when he heard Hyungwon's deep raspy voice suddenly break their silence. Hyungwon had moved his book a few centimeters down to peek his eyes and look at the younger.

Changkyun clears his throat and shook his head, saying he didn't finish it. Rolling to his back and moving his eyes away to stare up the blue sky peeking through the tree branches, failing to see the fond tight-lipped smile that formed on the older's lips.

Hyungwon hold out his hand to reach over Changkyun's hair, fondly fixing his fringe. Then he put back his attention back to his book, reading again. Casually, his intention to fix a simple fringe become him gently and slowly running his fingertips through the younger's soft hair.

Changkyun smiled, closing his eyes and savoring the feeling. His heart feeling like it's going to burst out as he feel the teacher absentmindedly caress his hair, almost as it he's a pet cat.