personal assistant

Start from the beginning

what is happening. 

"of me. are you scared of me?" she asks as she repositions herself once again, so that she was facing me with her arm resting on the head of the couch and one of her legs tucked in.

at this point i didn't know how to act, but i refused to make eye contact with the luthor. i know first hand how powerful her gaze can be and the way it feels like she could read your soul through your eyes. 

i could feel her eyes practically burning holes into my skin.

"no? ms luthor, what is this about?"

she laughs. her hand reaches to my chin to lift my head up so i was looking up at her.

i froze. 

she still had that smirk on her face. the moment i looked into her eyes, i was trapped. i couldn't look away even if i wanted to. 

"why wouldn't you look at me then, pretty girl?"

i blinked. my eyes were still staring straight into her green orbs. my mouth opened in attempt to save myself but nothing came out. 

her hand moves up my cheek lightly, her thumb gently stroking my skin. i unconsciously shut my eyes and melted into her touch.

two knocks on her door startled me, immediately registering into my brain what was happening. i jumped out of the couch and straightened out my skirt, holding the clipboard close to my chest. 

"i'll text you your schedule for this week," i managed to let out before brisk walking over to the door, until her voice stopped me. 

"y/n, cancel everything i have on afterhours."

without turning back around, i nodded and opened the glass door to see kelly waiting to enter. 

she's never called me by my first name before. 

-- 

it was the end of the work day. the thing about being lena luthor's PA is that i could only leave the office after she leaves. 

now usually, i'm fine with this because i had no one waiting for me at home anyways. 

but after what happened in her office this morning? i wanted to get home as soon as possible. more and more people were slowly leaving the office, and i could just cry at the thought of being the last one left here with ms luthor. 

"kelly, kelly, kelly please please stay with me till she leaves, please" i beg my best friend as she starts packing her things into her bag. 

she sighs and looks at me apologetically. "alex is already waiting for me downstairs, sorry babes"

she gives me a quick hug and pats my head as moral support before clocking out. 

well. there goes the last person. 

i tapped my feet on the marble tiled floors, nervously waiting for ms luthor to leave her office. just as i was scrolling through my phone (i really had nothing left to do for the day other than, quite literally, assist ms luthor), i heard her door open. 

"y/n my love, do you have anything planned tonight?" she asks casually while she locks her office door. 

my love. 

as weird and unusual as it is for her to call me pet names, it made my heart flutter. just a little bit. but it shouldn't have, and she shouldn't be calling me pet names either. 

"i was just going to head straight home once you were done for today," i gave her a small smile as i quickly packed my things. i was more than ready to head home.