Chapter 6

Basilio POV:

Laying around the house was quickly becoming boring. He was in waiting mode ever since the Jesonsa pack sent a message saying that they would have a team of people coming this week to get his measurements and a few other things. It was well passed morning and his energy was slowly draining out and the anticipation he had this morning was dwindling.

Currently, however, he's lounging on his bed, going through Instagram reels. A notification pops at the top of his screen that someone requested to follow.

Confused, he clicks on the notification and then clicks on the profile. The picture was of a very pretty Asian girl in a baby pink dress in what seemed like a park. Her hair was long with layered bangs in the front, her ears pierced and adorned with flower earrings. She's cute, he admits, but is curious as to why she wants to follow him.

Thinking little of it, he accepts her follow request, then follows her back. Less than a minute passes and she messages.

Jia_Bean: hiii, sorry if this is random but is this Basilio?

Big_B87: yeah, what's up?

Jia_Bean: okay perfect, you're marrying my cousin apparently, so i wanted to say hi and get to know you since he tells me literally nothing

Big_B87: ???? you're Achilles' cousin? that's surprising

Jia_Bean: how?

Big_B87: you just seem way more normal compared to him

Jia_Bean: 😭😭😭you aint wrong about that. he's really weird when you get to know him. he has a stash of popcorn flavored jelly beans in his car at all times like he's a freak

Big_B87: 💀you're lyyyinggg

Jia_Bean: im beign serious. it's genuinely gut wrenching. but anyways i just wanted to see what kind of person you are and stuff. also send a selfie so i know who to save if this wedding goes to shit

Big_B87: *sent an image*

Jia_Bean: HOLY SHIT YOU'RE HOT??? You got a sister? 🫣🫣

Big_B87: thank you? also yes I do have a sister but like good luck with that, she is very good at saying no

Jia_Bean: i love a challenge💪💪 anywas it was nice meeting you-ish. good luck with him and can i give him your number? ya'll def need a better plan then marry then divorce later cause our family is genuinely crazy and if you leave, they will find out so yeah just, gimmie that and i'll leave you alone😊

Big_B87: i feel like im being threatened but okay *sends phone number* happy?

Jia_Bean: more than you could even imagine 😈 tootles

He closes out of Instagram. That's enough internet for today. Getting up from his bed, he stretches and walks down and over to the kitchen. It's around 12 in the afternoon and his stomach was almost sentient with hunger. Pulling out last nights leftovers, he places them in the microwave and waits around.

"Hey honey, how're you doing?" his mom asks as she comes over to the kitchen.

"I'm doing pretty alright. Bored mostly. Did they every say when they were coming? I've been waiting all day and yesterday and the day before that and I'm getting antsy. I can't just stay in waiting mode all week for them to show up. It's stressing me out more than I already am."

His mom comes and rubs his back in slow, soothing circles. "Hey, it's okay hun. I just messaged Achilles' mother and she says the design team just finished with him so they should be here either today or tomorrow to take measurements and get everything ready. That sound good?"