Chapter 3

Achilles's dad, Jong-in 🤢🤢

Achilles POV:

A day passed and then the fated day arrived without much preamble. Nerves resonated throughout his body as he began his morning routine. He showered for longer than usual, trying to mask his nerves with the gentle, sweet scent of his body wash. The lather began to tickle his nose a bit as he did so, but given the perfect water temperature and pressure, the annoyance of today rolling off his body in waves. But the bundle of nerves in his stomach twisted and turned over themselves, causing crashing thoughts in his mind.

Trying to keep himself from panicking further, Achilles washed off the suds and stepped out from under the heavenly rays of water and grabbed a fluffy white towel. Wrapping it around his waist he steps back into his room and pads over to his closet. Looking around he chooses a dark grey suit with a dark blue shirt and socks, with black pointed tip loafers. After dressing he also put on a black tie and grabbed a silver ring for his ring finger and pinky finger. He gave himself a once over in their full-length mirror ­­and nodded to himself. Looking good.

Achilles goes back into the bathroom, and takes out hair gel, running it through his straight, get black locks and using a little to shape his eyebrows a bit. Feeling a bit more confident about his looks he leaves his room, pocketing his phone as he leaves. He walks down the hall to the left, making another left and walking down a small short-cut stairway to his father's study. As he approaches the door, he sucks in a breath, willing away the final shreds of nervousness in his belly before knocking on the dark oak door.

A beat passes and then the thick door opens without much preamble, and he enters.

His father resumes his position behind his desk and Achilles takes a seat in the leather arm chai to the left of his father in front of the desk.

Looking at the clock on the wall, it was only 9:20am. The meeting is to be held at 10:00am so the wait was not exactly going to be a walk in the park. Internally, Achilles sighed but kept himself busy by daydreaming. He knew better than to use his phone for he knew his father would throw a fit over it.

He leaned back in the seat and settled in, closing his eyes and breathing in, waiting for the storm to come.

*Time skip*

The storm came. The chime of the doorbell was picked up by his ears and part of him jolted. He had zoned out to the point of almost sleeping with his eyes open and felt like someone shook his soul awake. He stood in anticipation as the double footsteps of the guests came closer. He could smell their scents. One woody, like charcoal and rust, the other warm, like chamomile and lavender with sandalwood undertones. It was heavenly but familiar. His wolf perked up at the smell and purred slightly in a preening nature.

A knock came to the door.

"Come in." his father said as warmly as a man of his nature could.

The two men came in, one clearly older than the other. The eldest one had longer, curly hair that reached his upper back, speckled with grey strands. His face was square and rugged, a five o'clock shadow gracing his jaw, bushy thick eyebrows and a slightly crooked nose. His eyes were somewhat large and deep-seated, holding dark brown pupils which were filled with warmth.

His son was just as handsome, the same feature only slightly shorter hair which was tied back into a ponytail. But he was unable to focus on his face as a deep growl slipped between his lips. The man looked confused before recognition graced his face.

"You."

"Me?"

"Ah wonderful! You two know each other" Jong-In states, a maniacal smile gracing his lips.