Chalter Eight-Alexandria

We traveled back to the castle. Their was no use in searching for Ryia. I didn't even care anymore. My back was still warm from the fire that hit it. My clothing was singed. I had cuts and bruises everywhere. When we arrived at the castle, Aaron and Terrin tried to carry me in, but I wouldn't let them. I didn't want to be treated like a child, although what I did to Ryia was a childish act.

I still can't believe I morphed into Ryia and attacked her. She laughed as I did. I hate her. If I see her again, I'll morph into her worst fear. Simon. I'll laugh when she tries to attack me, just she laughed when I attacked her. I was known as the kind and loving princess of Talahan. My kind and loving reputation was over. I couldn't understand my hate for Ryia. I couldn't get the taunting laughs out of my head. Her voice as she called me weak.

As soon as we walked into the castle, their was commotion. We got confused, so we found my father and mother. "Mother!" I said. "Oh, there you all are! I've been worried sick!" She said. Father looked around and asked, "where is Atheena?" "Who cares?" I mumbled. Their was silence. "What's going on here?" Asked Terrin. "We are afraid that their is terrible news" father said.

"News? Bad news?" I asked. Mother nodded. "A man has gathered an army and has waged war upon us" mother said. "A man? Who?" Asked Aaron. Father looked at us and said, "he calls himself Simon".

************

All of the solders rushed out to fight later that night. But father refused for Aaron to go. We knew Simon was out to kill me, so Aaron was my personal guard again. As everyone fought for the kingdom, Aaron, Terrin and I hid in a small room within the palace. I felt worthless. Maybe Ryia was right. I am worthless. I wanted to fight, but father refused to let me.

Aaron must have seen the hurt look on my face. "It'll be ok" he said sympathetically. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I prayed that this would all be over soon.