Cold pt. 2

TW: Bad stuff uwu

A crash of lighting ripped through the air, followed by the loud rumble of thunder.

Tony looked up from where he was watching TV with the rest of the Avengers, smiling to himself.
"Looks like Dr. Electric has decided to make his appearance tonight to steal my poptarts." He thought to himself with a smirk. He turned of the TV, much too depressing anyway, something about another person spotted jumping from Brooklyn Bridge. Fucked up world we live in..

Everyone looked up with a friendly glint in their eyes as Thor strode into the room, beaming.
"Good evening my Midgardian friends!" He boomed happily, patting Steve who had stood at the window on his back, almost making the soldier tumble to the ground.

"I made sure to buy some extra poptarts to feed your obsession." Tony spoke, pointing to the kitchen.

"Man of Iron, excellent! This day couldn't be more delightful!" Thor said happily as he disappeared and came back with the box of poptarts, stuffing a few into his mouth.

"Speaking of delightful, where's my nephew?" Loki asked, appearing suddenly.

Tony turned around: "Sneaky aren't we Salazar Slytherin? He's probably in his room." He watched as Loki made his way over to Peter's room and turned back to talk with the Avengers.

Loki approached Peter's door, excited beyond measure to see his favourite person on earth. He knocked softly.
"Mitt barn, are you there?" (My child)

Loki frowned at the lack of response and knocked again. He opened the door and looked around the dark room confused. Stark said he was here, so if he wasn't: where would he be?
He flicked on the little nightlight and noticed the envelope, the ink smudged as if it had been wet.

Loki walked back out to the common room with the letter.
"Stark? I thought you said the boy was in his room. I just found this."
He waved it and gave it to Tony.

He frowned when he saw Tony read it and his eyes go steadily wider in concern before he scrambled over to the TV.

"FRIDAY! Put the news back on where I turned it off!" Tony screamed.

Friday paused at the shot of the person jumping and zoomed in, enhancing the picture.

Everyone in the room felt their heart stop as they saw Peter jump.

========
Loki was numb.

He'd been through so much, yet nothing would ever hurt as much as this did.

He was sitting on the couch, cradling a drenched Peter in his lap. The boy's lips were blue and his curls were sticking to his face. Loki didn't care that Peter's damp clothing was dripping water onto his own, he didn't feel anything. He couldn't stop staring at the lifeless body and the dark eyelashes resting on the white cheeks.

It wasn't fair.

Tony had been placed in bed by Rhodey after he collapsed. He'd immediately flewn out to find Peter, still clinging onto hope that it was someone who just looked like him. But when he had come back he was a sobbing mess, falling to his knees as soon as his feet touched the ground. Loki had quickly taken Peter from his arms before the man had crumbled to the ground and caught by Rhodey.

The rest of the Avengers were sitting on surrounding couches, face filled with disbelief or scrunched up in grief. Natasha was softly brushing through Peter's sopping wet hair.
Wanda was biting her knuckles on the couch, tearing the skin. She couldn't believe she let him get away. She had known, and she didn't stop him or tell someone. It was all her fault. Muffled screams escaped past her hands as Steve rubbed her back comfortingly, holding her tight to his chest.

Ned and MJ had been picked up as well. The poor teens were sitting on the couch defeated, unable to tear their eyes from Peter's limp figure in Loki's arms. Ned felt a horrible crushing guilt, he knew Peter had been feeling awful yet he ignored him like it wasn't a big deal.

But of course it wasn't just one person's fault. It was the whole world's fault for ignoring mental health amongst people. The world lost one person, but so many people lost their world.

Peter was dead.

======
Heyo peepss,
Here's the long awaited PT. 2 of Cold!
I wrote it a while back so I don't remember what's in it lol but I hope you enjoy.
And ofc if you relate to this subject please talk to someone, my DM's are open too. I don't judge and am a good listener :)
Bye for now,