Chapter 5

Right after Natalie had introduced herself, something in my gut told me not to believe her and look into her soul. I got a little suspicious so I quickly looked into her eyes to see if she was hiding anything and when I did, I saw a lot more than what I was expecting.

In her memories, I was able to find out that her actual name was Natasha Romanoff. She used to be a part of a program called the Red Room where she was trained to be the Black Widow; an elite spy and assassin. She had lived multiple lives by using fake identities to spy and to kill a lot of people. And now she is part of this government agency called S.H.I.E.L.D where she had been ordered by a man named Nick Fury to spy on my dad and try to figure out more about the Ten Rings.

With this information, I pushed myself out of her memories and snapped back into reality. I was so surprised about what I had seen and I started to feel pretty pissed off. She noticed my behavior change and asked "Hope, are you alright? You were quiet for a moment there"

Right before I was about to respond to her, I heard my dad calling me.

"Hope, come on we're leaving," my dad said as he stood by the entrance waiting for me. I quickly stand up, leaving Natalie or should I say Natasha on the steps.

As we were driving home, my dad spoke up without even looking at me.

"Hope, you're grounded"

I turned to him in shock and spoke up

"But dad I...

"No buts, you clearly didn't listen to a word I had said when I told you not to talk to anyone, but you did anyway. Twice now." He motions two fingers before putting his hand back on the wheel.

"You didn't think I would see you talking to that woman by the stairs? Just tell me, Hope, what were you thinking? What are you trying to do, expose yourself?" As he continues to question me, I started to feel irritated so I snapped at him in anger

"You wanna know what I was doing? Fine, I'll tell you, I was trying to find any information on that bastard who sold your weapons so that I can make them pay for what they had done and for what they had put you through."

"Hope, I told you not to get involved in this and let me handle it."

"I know dad, but I can't help it alright. I was only doing this so that I could protect you. Those assholes are still out there."

"Hey, you watch your mouth with me alright," he tells me. Not liking the fact that I cursed in front of him.

"Now look, I do appreciate what you are trying to do here, but what I need you to understand, is that I don't need you to protect me. My job is to protect you and I don't need you to worry about my problems."

I raised my voice a little, "Don't you see dad, your problems are mine as well and I'm tired of letting them affect you. And just so you know, I'm not going to stop because I'm not gonna risk losing you again!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself as my dad continued to drive. He stayed silent, letting me know that he was shocked about what I had to say.

When we both got into the house I quickly ran to my room and shut the door. I was still trying to calm myself down after the whole argument but nothing seemed to help. 

My dad just doesn't understand that all I want is for him to be safe and protected. I didn't want anyone to try and take him away from me again. That's my fear.

I changed into my pajamas and walked outside to my balcony, staring at the moon as I kept taking deep breaths. I couldn't let my anger take a hold of me.