Chapter 13- Ajax.

Start from the beginning

Childe began to giggle, "You're so cute," He ruffled your hair gently, avoiding your head injury, "You can stay by my side as long as you'd like."

You hid your face in your hands out of embarrassment, "Don't say things like that, you make me nervous."

"Aww does my little (n/n) like my flirting?" He snickered.

You glared up at him, "You wish!"

He lightly nudged your shoulder, "Move over, please."

You complied, moving over to allow room for him to enter. He first removed his jacket and signaled for you to lean forward. He gently picked up your arms one at a time and slipped the sleeves over them. He buttoned the jacket and rolled the sleeves up so they no longer were covering your hands. He threw the little sash bit over you shoulder and clipped it in place. He stepped back and observed you.

He took his mask off of this head and lightly placed it on yours before prancing to the end of your bed. He stared at you for a few moments before beaming out of joy, "You look like a little me! You should wear my jacket more often!"

You snuggled into his jacket, "It is really cozy. And it smells like you. It smells absolutely awful," You smirked.

"What?!" Childe ran over to the open seat on the bed next to you and climbed in, "Take that back!"

He smelled his jacket as it was on you, "It smells just fine. Now take it back!"

You turned your back to him, wincing in pain in the process, "N-Nope!"

He saw that.

"Alright, the fun is over. Face forward." His tone serious, "Let me see it."

You lifted his jacket and the shirt you were wearing to reveal your bandaged stomach. You bled through the bandages. Your face fell.

Childe got out of bed and shuffled over to the little medical station cart standing near the foot of the bed. He grabbed the bandages and approached you.

"Alright girlie, I know this is going to be uncomfortable, but I need you to move to the side of the bed for me so I can change your dressing," you explained as he tossed the roll of gauze up and the air repeatedly, catching it.

You slowly made your way to where he pointed, it hurt like hell. It hurt so bad that it took the breath out of you. You eventually made it.

"Good girl." He smiled.
(I know how much y'all love it when he says that 😏)

He lifted his jacket and your shirt and slowly unwound the now bloody bandages. He knew how bad it hurt when bandages were practically being pulled from an open wound. So he did what he always did when he or his siblings got hurt. He drew little circles on your back in order to distract you. He got the bandages off and threw them in the trash, "Feel that?" He peeked over your shoulder.

"You didn't even take it off yet though." You looked back at him.

He smiled out of satisfaction, "Let's get you cleaned up."

You looked down, surprised, "Wait I didn't even feel you take it off."

"That's just a part of my magic, you'd be surprised what else I can do." He raised his eyebrows in a teasing way.

You giggled, but you wanted to know what he was talking about.

He wrapped you up and placed your shirt back down, "Better?"

You nodded, "You're much more gentler than that doctor."

"That's because he doesn't know how to treat women, but me? I'm the women expert." He struck a pose.

"I bet." You yawned.

You moved back to your original spot in bed and pat the space next to you. Childe climbed into bed, but didn't get under the covers. You were under the blankets. Once you were situated, he gently pushed your head so that you were leaning against his shoulder. You yawned once more, "Thank you, Childe."

"Ajax."

"Hm?" You hummed tiredly.

"That's my real name. Please, call me that." He whispered as he rested his head on top of yours.

"Ok, Ajax." You smiled as you closed your eyes.
You were very tired.

"Get some sleep, y/n, okay?" Ajax ordered sincerely.

"Please don't leave me, Ajax." You asked, slightly dozing off.

He planted a kiss on your forehead, "I wouldn't dream of it."

"Thank you."
Your final words before you fell asleep on his shoulder. He waited a while, watching you while you slept, making sure you were in no pain.

Making sure you were asleep, he whispered, "Did you mean it when you said you liked me....?"

You opened your eyes slowly, "Yes, Ajax."

He nudged you, "I thought you were asleep little lady?"

"Just in little intervals." You gave him a light smile.

He stroked your hair, he didn't say anything.
____________________________________
Chapter 13- End.