Curiosity

A couple weeks had passed and Sebastian had seen the farmer a few times but mostly had heard things from his best friend Sam. He would see Sam a couple times a week and would play pool with him or rehearse as Sams new goal was to be in a successful band. He noticed Sam seemed to be close to the farmer.

"She's pretty cool," Sam said as he tuned his guitar, "she bought me a pizza the other day."
"Hmm."
"What's up?"
He didn't want to admit he wanted to get to know her, as soon as he showed interest in his friend Abigail he got teased by Sam. Sure he liked Abigail but he had no time for a romance in the valley when he just wanted to leave. "Nothing, let's just begin practice."
Sam nodded then there was a knock on the door, "yeah?"
The farmer walked in and Sebastians heart pounded intensely he felt any second it would burst through his chest.
"Hello Sam, Sebastian." She said sweetly, "I just came to say hi."
"Hi, we were just starting band practice and wondering what music to make. What music do you like?"
"Rock music is my favourite." She responded, the same taste as Sebastian he felt happy hearing it.
"That's what I've been thinking!" Sam exclaimed grinning ear to ear, he turned to Sebastian, "what do you think?"
"Sure." He sounded as emotionless as ever, like all the life had been drained out his body yet he felt content.. he was used to the misery of being at home.
She smiled at him, "I hope it goes well."
"Heh, thanks." He blushed slightly from the attention
"Well, now we just need a drummer. Thanks for stopping by."
She left the room and so did Sebastians excitement.

As he left Sams, he noticed the farmer fishing at the river, he remembered the first time he saw her fish, how tragically bad she was yet how cute it was to see.

She turned around, saw him and smiled. Her smile was bright, genuine and calming. He kept walking, feeling too anxious to talk and needing to recharge after the day with Sam, his energy was endearing but a lot to handle as Sebastian liked the calmness of silence and being alone.

He walked past the calendar at the local shop, Pierres, and realised the egg festival was approaching. He normally didn't care for it but he hoped he'd see her there and that brought him some excitement.