Chapter 1

Maya's POV:

"Okay no! This isn't fair!" I say with tears in my eyes.

"Maya.." he starts.

"Please don't do this" I beg him.

"We both know it's for the best. We don't have to pretend" he says.

"B-but I love you"

"I know you do" his voice cracks "but you love him more"

I'm crying at this point. I can't control it.

I can see that I'm hurting him with this. I never meant to. I swear.

He walks to me and grabs my hand. He puts it on his heart and kisses my forehead.

"don't you ever dare to think that I don't love you" he says.

I can see tears forming in his eyes already.

He then walks out of the room.

You're probably wondering what just happened. Well.. that's a long story.

Before I'm gonna tell you my story
I should probably first introduce myself.

I'm Maya. Maya Hart if you wanna know it exactly. I'm 15 years old and I'm actually from New York. Was born and raised there.
But not by my parents oh no.

My mom was always drinking. She couldn't take care of me so that's the reason why I lived with my grandmother.

When I turned 13 I had to go back to my mom because my grandmother died ..of cancer.
It was hard at first because I miss her everyday.

Well my dad.. I honestly don't wanna talk about it. He's an idiot.

I was 5 when I woke up in the middle of the night. My parents where screaming at each other. Again.
This happened all the time. I don't remember about what they were fighting but I guess my mom was drunk again.

He went into his room while my mother was downstairs and he started packing. It was dark and I remember asking him

"Are we going on a trip, daddy?"

He turned around and looked down at me "no, princess. I um have to go"

"Where? Can I come with you?"

"You can't. It's umm for the job. I'm gonna be back soon"

He finished packing and brought me into my room.

He sat me down and whispered "Sleep well princess. Don't worry about me. Daddy loves you"

"I love you too" he hugged me and then he disappeared.

I saw his car leaving.

I waited for days. For weeks. For months for him to come back from his job trip.

When I was 10 I stopped waiting or searching for him. I was okay with the fact that my dad didn't want me.

I'm Maya and that's my story.