༂┆³ 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬

༂┆³ 𝔰𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔩𝔢𝔱 𝔢𝔶𝔢𝔰

"𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜..."

"𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚒 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑."

sixty kilometers have passed, and only one had been deserted behind. how did i know that? i know everything, that's why. i am knowledge, and knowledge is power.

i actually just used my nen.

anyway, all five of us are silently running if i ignore the fact of how leorio screams sometimes. he screams like a bitch, no offense to him. and, killua and gon are getting along well. that's good for them. although, i have a bad feeling ahead of us.

ignore it y/n, just smile. i thought as i looked ahead and saw stairs. stairs. stairs...

satotsu glanced at us for a few seconds and said, "well then... let's pick up the pace."

i silently sighed as i pouted my lips. i don't know if i should thank the devil for making me have geography lessons or what.

if you're confused, let me tell you. we stopped at zaban, we're underground at the moment, we started running for too many miles, and now we're climbing stairs. what is my conclusion? i've concluded that we're reaching a certain carnivorous marsh.

ugh, i still remember the first time i went to that hell. it was full of dirty and disgusting things, i don't even want to touch.

when we started climbing the stairs, i turned to look at leorio. dude's the most normal one in our group, not gonna lie and no offense. i'm worried he'll suddenly faint, although i'm sure it wouldn't happen.

his face is red though, is he going to be okay? i thought to myself as i heard a ruffling sound to my side and saw it was kurapika stripping his cloak.

kurapika turned to me as he placed his clothes inside his bag. "are you going to remove your cloak, y/n? i can put it in my bag if you want." he said with a soft smile.

his smiles are so soft, so glad i didn't join those stupid spiders now. this is so worth it.

"no, i'm fine. thanks for the offer though," i said as i smiled back at him. i doubt he can see it though. the cloak covers most of my face.

his smiles make me soft and mushy for some reason. maybe one of them are, because they're the thing that lost in me in the process of killing him. his smile saved him. i pity him though, to be traumatized in that age.

my memories are messed up, to be honest. i don't know what's real and what's not. what am i really? did my parents really sold me and that's it? did chrollo found me by pure luck or what? i don't know. it's making me confused.

the only thing i'm sure about is the massacre and us finding where the kurta clan is not a coincidence. someone told chrollo where they were. and god, if only i killed that woman first then maybe kurapika's clan are alive. i mean, it'll lessen the possibility of them dying. chrollo have his ways on knowing things, afterall.

"scarlet eyes..."

my breath hitched as my heartbeat started to palpitate.

why is he mentioning them now? i thought as i bit my lip to avoid gasping, or even producing any sounds that shows shock or guilt.

of course, as one of the reasons for them being dead and eyeless, i felt guilt. everytime i remember the scarlet eyes, or seeing the color scarlet makes my heart stopped it's beating for a second.

i'm not in the phantom troupe nor have connections with them. so why am i feeling guilty, nonetheless? why am i being haunted by the endless nightmares of the clan? why is that, they still haunt my dreams when i tried to redeem myself from being that killing machine? was it really my fault?

when i found out the news of the kurta clan being massacred, the next i knew is that i was going to where the clan lived. but the area was already cleaned, they were already buried. i didn't know if kurapika's alive or not, as there wasn't any names in the tombstones at where they are buried.

do i deserve to be by his side though? in guise as his friend? maybe not. if he knew what i did, he won't stare at me softly like right now. he'll only give me glares that i can't take from someone i love.

i softly sighed as i stared above. it was still a long way to go. i wasn't listening to kurapika and leorio's conversation. even if i am, i can't remain focused at the topic.

kurapika looked at me as i tilted my head in confusion. "how about you, y/n? why did you want to become a hunter?" kurapika asked with pure curiosity as leorio stared at me, waiting for my answer.

i hummed at first as i thought deeply about my answer. suddenly, a gust of wind blew towards us. coincidentally, i smiled at the two as i answered.

"it's because of the devil i made a deal with."

═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══

‘ test of stairs that go to the place
of the test. ’

deserted: 37

═══━━━─── • ───━━━═══