༂┆² 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦

༂┆² 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔵𝔞𝔪

"𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞, 𝚢/𝚗."

" 𝚢/𝚗 𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚘. 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒'𝚖 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐."

eleven years had passed and i'm still me. still mentally unstable, but a little bit of a clear head now. yep, eleven years later. what the hell, am i right?

eleven years had passed since the massacre of the kurta clan. the sole purpose of me regressing, died. all because i forgot the date when they died.

and now i've been wondering, did he survive? it's the event that i wanted to stop the most throughout my entire life. and i wasted it.

why? oh, because my master locked me up in a man-made forest and if i didn't got out within a day, he'll gas the whole forest. which is really threatening, i mean, i have a toxin tolerance now but knowing that devil master of mine, it's more than a poisonous gas. and i was so determined to get out that i forgot what day it was.

and i still feel like everything's all my fault. i cried in the inside as i entered the venue for the hunter exam. yes, hunter exam.

part of the deal i made with the devil is that i'll become a hunter. that fucking devil ass master of mine.

i looked around and scanned the area around me. it was a tunnel, with lots of tubes and such in it. and it seemed that i was the first one to arrive. good, i don't like anyone being first to me. and as of the moment, i'm the only one in the area except for the green bean that are walking towards me now.

"good morning. this will be your pin, please keep it with you at all times." the bean handed me a round pin as i stared at the number written on it. #1.

i smiled as i bowed my head. "thank you." i said as the bean nodded and started walking away. i kept the pin hidden inside the pocket of my cloak that i'm wearing . my master told me to not reveal my face yet, as to whatever reasons he have.

looking around where to sit, i decided to sit at the large tubes at the corners. in that way, i could see kurapika and his friends, since i've heard they took the exam together, arrive.

that would be it if kurapika survived. i thought as i deeply sighed once again.

reminiscing my first regression, kurapika was determined to kill us. of course, i'm as guilty as them, but i still hated it when he killed me. i know myself i can stop him, but when i stared at his scarlet eyes like what i did when i was a child, it made me do what he wanted.

as i closed my eyes completely, i tried to listen at the noises that are occuring at the perimeter. someone just pressed the elevator button. and it happened, again and again. hours had passed and the area are full of people now. but no signs of kurapika.

god, are you really dead kurapika? i thought to myself, biting my lower lip to avoid sobbing. i don't know what i'll do if he's dead. he was the only reason i'm moving forward.

as i calmed myself down, a certain conversation peeked my interest.

"with you, there are 406."

wow, the participants of this exam reached four hundred already, huh? i thought as my mouth gaped in shock. well, it had only been a few hours, and considering that the hunter exam was difficult, especially where you find the site where the exam happens, i'm expecting a few less numbers.