Chapter 41 {I Wasn't Flirting!}

Start from the beginning

"No, you got it wrong! I wasn't flirting!" Roselyn flailed her arms around. Her whole face had turned red from embarrassment.

"That wasn't what we saw~" Avelyn smirked, giggling into her palms. "They were-oof!" She got her face planted by a flying pillow. A flustered Roselyn had thrown that pillow, trying to prevent the brunette from embarrassing her even more. "It wasn't like that!"

"Then do tell us." Kathryn sighed, crossing her arms. "...before we start making more wild assumptions"

"F-Fine!" Roselyn finally gave in. "It was like this..."

~ Flashback ~

"Oh my, just the three of you?" Clara blinked at them. She noticed the reduce of number in their party.

"Yeah, they're still tired from all that moving," Avelyn informed the older woman. She along with Roselyn and Lily, was sitting together before they were approached by Clara. It was a pretty quiet day with not many members lounging around.

"Wah! So you guys found a place already?" A familiar hyper blue-haired male appeared before them. "Mind us visiting anytime soon?!" His ruby eyes glimmer in excitement and anticipation. "We could-agghhh!" He choked as his collar was pulled from behind.

"Sorry about him." His teammate apologised, still pulling on the blue-haired male's collar. He was on the ground, struggling.

The three girls sweatdropped at Atlas and Rafael. Roselyn awkwardly smiled, "i-it's fine."

Lily worriedly stammered, "b-but is he a-alright?" She pointed at Atlas who was now turning blue.

Rafael blinked before looking down at his grasp, "oh right." He finally let him go. Atlas completely dropped to the ground, gasping for air.

"So you guys don't have any quest today?" Avelyn glanced at their other two teammates who were sitting at a separate table. She tried changing topics as they ignored Atlas's cries of 'I live!' in the back.

Unlike Atlas and Rafael,-Koda and Callum don't see the need to be friendly with them. Better yet, they don't seem to even like them-telling from Koda's constant scowls and glares while Callum practically ignored their presence.

"Not at the moment," Rafael shook his head. He had asked to take a seat at their table, which they didn't mind. "As you can see, most guild members are absent here so the majority of good quests have already been taken."

"They don't seem to like us much," Avelyn lowered her brows, frowning.

Following her gaze, Rafael sighed at the sight of his other teammates, "Koda is quick to judge but he's a pretty nice fellow once you get to know him."

"And Callum?" Roselyn tilted her head. Her dark pink eyes curiously gazed upon the aloof-looking boy.

"Well, he's-"

"He's cold to everyone, don't mind him!" Atlas interrupted the darker-skinned boy. "But he's a good leader and pretty cool when he warmed up to you!"

"Atlas, please don't interrupt me." Rafael scolded before smiling back at them. "But he's right. Callum has always been cold with strangers..." The dark-skinned boy widened his smile. "...though you lot are probably the few guild members closer to our age."

"Really?" Roselyn hummed, her gaze still on the dark-haired boy. Then they must at least learn to get along and perhaps even becomes friends. If her gut is telling her is true then Callum isn't as cold as he made himself to be. He did help them, right?