34.

"What do you think?" Taehyung asked as the guard set the suitcases down and left the room.

Jimin watched amazed. The cabin he had brought him to was absolutely breathtaking. The view was incredible even at night. He couldn't imagine it during the day.

It was spacious and had this hint of pinecone scent to it. There was a shelf with expensive liquor, red comfortable couches, and even a fireplace. The floors were a creamy color that gave a homey vibe.

"It's beautiful." He admitted with amazement.

"Glad you like it. Come on. Let's have a drink. How are you feeling? Still sick?" Taehyung asked pouring him a glass of whiskey.

"A little yes. I've never been on a plane. Let alone a jet." He mumbled with an embarrassed grin.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it. I'll take you all around the world if you'd like."

To that Jimin smiled excitedly. It wasn't until the silence hit that his memory went back to Yoongi. He took a sip of the whiskey and shivered at the liquor warming up his throat.

"Do you want to look around?" He wondered.

"Of course." Jimin replied, hopping off the stool. He first made his way to the collection of books he had on a shelf in the living room.

Tracing his finger carefully on each book as he read the titles. Yoongi would love this. Again, he shook his head trying to erase the thought of him. It felt like he was clinging on to every thought that crossed his mind.

"They're all limited edition. Some even signed by the authors. My father was a big reader."

"I'm sorry about him," Jimin commented, turning to see him.

Taehyung shrugged, finishing up his drink. "It's life. We all eventually die."

"That's a bit morbid."

"It's true."

"I suppose. Do you read?" He asked.

He shook his head, "No. I'm more of an art person. I collect paintings. Namjoon reads here and there, but mostly only reads medications."

"Mmm. You're lucky you're not diabetic."

"Yeah. My father was. One of us had to inherit it." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"What about your mother?"

Jimin suddenly regretted asking that question. His face dropped instantly. It was a touchy subject and he could tell.

"Sorry I didn't mean to—"

"It's fine. I've never talked to about it before. Only with..." Jungkook. "Anyways," he shook his head again trying to focus. "She died very young. I was one and Namjoon was three. One of my fathers enemies shot her through the head. Died instantly. There's nothing much to it."

Jimin's heart clenched at his words. If something that horrific happened to him he would probably go insane. Yet, Taehyung seemed calm and collected. There was a trace of pain in his eyes, but it was very faint. Almost nonexistent.

"I'm really sorry."

He smiled, pouring himself another cup, "It's not your fault. You weren't the one that shot."

Jimin nodded, unable to say anything else. An apology wouldn't fix it. He wished he could go back in time and not ask that question.

"You know who would love those books?"

"Who?" Jimin asked, curious.

"Yoongi. I think he's read every book in my dad's library. That's all he does on his days off. He occasionally takes off to see his mom, but it's rare."