First hangout

○Janet pov○

        A loud yet gentle knock comes from my front door. Riley immediately comes out of her room to see who it was.
       "Mam who was dat?" Riley asks.
       "Oh it is just your little Russian friends from the Mommy-Toddler Daycare group. I invited them over for you, " I said as I head to the door.
       "Yay!!!!" Riley bounced up and down excitedly. I chuckled and opened the door.
       "Hello.... what's your name again?" I asked, not even the slightest bit flustered. I'm horrible with names.
       "My name is Katrina, and these are my boys Misha and Sergei," the Russian woman said.
       "Hello," said the twin with the blue beanie.
       "Ello," said the other twin in the black beanie.
       "Holy you got them well trained," I said, not being sarcastic.
       "Da, I can let you borrow mother russian parenting book. It's called, No Mercy," Katrina said.
       "Nah, I'm good. I think I know how to raise my kid," I said. Just then Riley decides to pop into the conversation.
       "Mam can I show the twins my Fwozen themed room?" She asked.
       "Huh? Oh yeah sure," I replied.
       Misha and Sergei follow Riley while Katrina tries to hide a smile.
       "A little spoiled?" She asked.
       "Look now listen here-"
       "Walks all over you? Sound familiar?" she asked.
       "Yeah," I said, giving in.
       Katrina smirks, "How about I give you mother russian parenting tips while the kids play?"
       "Yeah okay," I said, gesturing for her to come inside.
       "You have vodka?" Katrina asks.
       "Yeah of course," I reply with a smile.
        "We are going to get along nicely," said Katrina, returning Janet's smile.
       I leads Katrina to the living room. It wasn't much, but it was cosy. I sit on the couch and Katrina follows my lead.
       While she is getting settled and gets us drinks I can't help but notice her physical appearance. She was taller than me, without a doubt, but she wasn't that much taller. She wore a gray long sleeve shirt with a crimson vest, which matches her black and crimson beanie. Her blonde hair fell loosely around past her ears. She wore light makeup and had dazzling blue eyes. She was on of those girls that could pick up any man at a bar, but just choses not to. She is that freaking beautiful.
       "Thanks for having me and the boys over Janet," Katrina said, sitting down on the couch with vodka in one hand and wine in the other. Her Russian accent was thick, yet sexy. This further proves my point of her being able to pick up any man.

--------------Katrina POV-------------

      "Hey it's no problem, you know? I have nothing else to do with my life as of now, " Janet says, slight sadness in her voice.
       "Da, but still. We don't want to be a burden," I said.
       Janet smiles, and I can't help but drink in her appearance. She was wearing a baggy teal sweater with black leggings. Her hair was a little lighter than mine, and her eyes were ice blue. Her hair was also a little shorter, not past the ears like mine, but getting close. She looked so comfortable, so relaxed, I had a hard time believing that she might be struggling, but I also know how to read and put on masks. It's easy to fake happiness.
       "So," Janet begins, breaking the comfortable silence, "before you teach me some parenting tips, what should I know about you?"
       "What do you want to know about me Janet?"
       "Well... what was your old job? Are you single? How do you live life on a day-to-day basis?"
       "Past jobs huh? Well my first job was pretty confidential, so it's probably best I don't say anything.
       My second job was just before I moved to Canada. I was a fitness trainer. However; I got.... what's the term? Laid off?"
       Janet spits out a little wine and starts laughing.
       "I'm sorry," Janet said, "I'll go get something to clean this up."
       "Niet," I reply, smiling to her, "I can clean it up. I got you to laugh."
       Janet sighs but nods. "Okay, but I'm going to check on the kids real quick," Janet said.
       I shrug. "I would've done it anyways since I would've been up, but okay."
       We both smile at each other and keep eye contact for the count of 5, then went on to do different things.

A/n: I hope you guys enjoyed this so far. I know I enjoyed it, and am going to try and write more throughout the day. I'm just a little pressed for time right now! Let me know what else you would want to see here!