*50 Shades Of Grey*

Originally wasn't going to do this one either. But while I was in bed, I suddenly got an urge, I mean an idea. And for three hours or so I was tied up with it. What's more - it's G rated story!

****
Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

Well, another one, asides from the one I already knew.

Riding the elevator down to the lobby, I lightly bit my lip as I thought about my meeting with Mr. Christian Grey that happened minutes ago.

The man was young - and attractive. He was tall, dressed in a fine gray suit, white shirt, and black tie with unruly dark copper-coloured hair and intense, bright gray eyes that regarded me shrewdly.

When I placed my hand in his to shake for our introduction, I felt an odd but not unpleasant sensation run through me. I withdrew my hand hastily, not wanting to seem too familiar.

I was here at the behest of Stark Industries - but it wasn't a task I had wanted.

Tony Stark was spearheading a new project. While he and his company were more than capable of doing this project with their own capital, the project itself was a huge undertaking. To have other companies assemble, erm, collaborate would simply be good business on several levels for all involved.

Christian Grey was a prime candidate on Stark's list because he had previous experience working on similar projects.

It took time to set up a meeting with Mr. Grey because, like Stark, he was a person in high demand. However, when Stark's "person" got the flu and could not make it I was asked personally by Stark if I could take their place. He was aware I had experience in contract management.

Asides from assuring me the proposal would sell itself, he thought it would be child's play for me to win Mr. Grey over.

I wanted to protest, but sadly, the truth was I was the only one qualified.

Or so I thought.

Mr. Grey's office - way too big for just one man. In front of the floor-to-ceiling windows, there's a huge modern dark-wood desk that six people could comfortably eat around. It matches the coffee table by the couch. Everything else is white - ceiling, floors, and walls except, on the wall by the door, where a mosaic of small paintings hang, thirty-six of them arranged in a square. They are exquisite - a series of mundane, forgotten objects painted in such precise detail they look like photographs. Displayed together, they are breathtaking. But apart from the paintings, the rest of the office is cold, clean, and clinical.

I had never been to Tony Stark's office, but I suspect it would be more fun to visit.

Stark had sent the proposal for the project to Grey a while back, so I wasn't going into this meeting cold. This was more about whether he was going to join the project or not - and if not, learn why. But to even have this meeting proved that this potential investor had some interest. When I explained why I was here - in proxy, Mr. Grey asked if I had come from the same division of Stark Industries.

"No, I'm from another division, umm... affiliation..." I take a deep breath. "You could say more... a researcher."

"Are you happy where you are?" Grey looks into my eyes, which seemed to be doing some research of their own.

"Umm, yes I am," I say after a beat, my tone a bit shaky since no one has ever asked me that.

He smiles at me in such a way that he knows better, then politely asks me to sit, which I do. Sinking gracefully into one of the white leather chairs opposite me, Grey spoke, "Tony Stark has presented me with quite the offer. I can appreciate his vision on this - but it could use some tweaks."

"Of course," I say quickly, trying not to sound like a yes-man, "Mr. Stark is aware that while this project can help on a global scale, it needs the best minds in shaping the business model. He's prepared to discuss these things."

"Then I'm prepared to sign, but I will come up with another contract. Some things haven't been addressed."

"Why not have your people and Stark's people meet so there is less back and forth?" I ask.

"I don't have 'people,'" Grey raises an eyebrow at me. "I own my own company."

I flush. Of course, I would have known this had I done more research, but circumstances...

Despite his arrogant response, I take a deep breath and try again, "if it could be arranged, how about a meeting between you and Mr. Stark?"

"I'd like that," Grey now smiles at me.

There's a knock at the door, and one of his assistants enters.

"Mr. Grey, forgive me for interrupting, but your next meeting is in two minutes."

"We're not finished here, Andrea. Please cancel my next meeting," Grey says.

Andrea hesitates, gaping at him. She appears lost. He turns his head slowly to face her and raises his eyebrows. She flushes bright pink.

"Very well, Mr. Grey," she mutters, then exits.

Grey frowns and turns his attention back to me. "Where were we?"

"Oh please don't cancel your meeting for my sake," I said, standing from my chair, which made Grey do the same, "I also have an... engagement I need to get to. Mr. Stark will be very happy that you've decided to 'join the team' so to speak. I'll let him know what we discussed and have that meeting arranged." I extended my hand, "thank you for taking the time out of your busy day for this. It's a pleasure to have met you, Mr. Grey."

"The pleasure's been all mine," he says, polite as ever, shaking my hand. Still looking at me with those curious eyes, he adds, "if you ever need a change of pace, we do run an excellent internship program here."

I swallow hard. Was he offering me a job?

"Oh. I'll bear that in mind," I murmur politely, although I was steadfast in my loyalty to Stark Industries and SHIELD.

"Until we meet again," Grey says, and it sounds like a challenge, or a threat, I'm not sure which. I frown. When would we ever meet again? I just nodded with a small smile.

Finally reaching the main floor lobby, as I exit the elevator, I pass a pale, brown-haired young woman with blue eyes who takes the car I just left. Walking over to the waiting area, I find 'my engagement.' From afar, I can see he's reading a magazine.

I smile to myself. He's no Christian Grey, and I'm overjoyed with that fact. The way I was feeling right now, if I could, I would shout it from the rooftops.

Admittedly, I knew he could have been someone like Grey years ago, but in time he discovered a better path to follow.

He senses my presence and looks up from the pages. He smiles and puts the magazine aside. Standing up, he walks over to me.

"How'd it go?" he asks.

"Basically... he said... yes," I reply with a smile.

"Never doubted it for a moment," and pulled me into a hug. "I'm proud of you, Beverlee."

"Aww, thanks, Loki," I say, pulling him closer. Meeting with Christian Grey had been affecting and not in a good way. Loki's hug and words of support were just what I needed. "What shall we do now?"

"As a reward for your efforts, I'm taking you to lunch," Loki said, releasing the hug and taking my hand.

"I love a man who takes charge," I chuckled, as we left the building. 

****

Bold Text: Taken from the original book, "Fifty Shades of Grey" by E.L. James