*Little Red Riding Hood*

The first half is classic (with an edit here and there) from:
https://www.dltk-teach.com/RHYMES/littlered/story.htm 
The rest is my creation!

****
Once upon a time, there was a young woman who lived in a beautiful village in Norway that was near the forest. Whenever she went out, she wore a red riding cloak, so everyone in the village called her Little Red Riding Hood.

One morning, Little Red Riding Hood asked her mother if she could go to visit her grandmother as it had been a while since they'd seen each other.

"That's a good idea," her mother said. So they packed a nice basket for Little Red Riding Hood to take to her grandmother.

When the basket was ready, the little girl put on her red cloak and kissed her mother goodbye. "Remember, go straight to Grandma's house," her mother cautioned. "Don't dawdle along the way and please don't talk to strangers! The woods can be dangerous."

"Don't worry, mother," said Little Red Riding Hood, "I'll be careful."

But when Little Red Riding Hood noticed some lovely flowers in the woods, she forgot her promise to her mother. She picked a few, watched the butterflies flit about for a while, listened to the frogs croaking and then picked a few more.

Little Red Riding Hood was enjoying the warm summer day so much, that she didn't notice a dark shadow approaching out of the forest behind her...

Suddenly, a wolf appeared beside her.

Little Red Riding Hood recalled a saying her Grandma had imparted to her: 'Where there are wolf's ears, wolf's teeth are near.'

How could she have been so careless as not to pay attention to her surroundings?

"What are you doing out here, my dear?" the Wolf asked in a friendly voice.

"I'm on my way to see my Grandma," Little Red Riding Hood replied in just as pleasant a tone.

"Alone? Does your mother know that you're out?"

Slowly backing away to create some space between her and the wolf, she replied with a shrug, "I know, the woods can be dangerous. Thank you for reminding me."

Realizing how late she was, she quickly excused herself, rushing down the path to her Grandma's house.

When Little Red Riding Hood finally arrived, she knocked lightly at the door.

"Who is it?" Grandma said from the inside.

"It's me, Grandma! I've missed you, so I've come for a visit. May I come in?"

"Oh child, I've missed you too! Of course, come in, dear, the door is open!"

When Little Red Riding Hood entered the house, after a few steps, she stopped in her tracks, astonished by the sight before her.

Grandma was sitting on the couch AND curled up next to her was - the WOLF she had met in the woods!

"Grandma?" Little Red Riding Hood asked with concern. "What's... with the wolf?" Slowly she reached toward her boot, which concealed a dagger, in which she was quite adept.

"My child, there's no need to fetch your dagger, the Wolf is a friend, has visited often and has become good company. Please join us," and made a gesture to sit on the couch.

"Okay..." Little Red Riding Hood nodded, with a feeling of uncertainty.

The Wolf moved so she could sit beside him. Upon doing so, she put the basket she had been carrying on the floor by her feet.

"I... umm, mother and I packed this basket full of your favourite goodies we can share," Little Red Riding Hood said in a sheepish tone.

"How sweet of you to do that, thank you," Grandma said with a warm smile. Standing from the couch, she picked up the basket, "I'll make us all plate and a cup of tea to go with it." She then walked into the kitchen.

Leaving Little Red Riding Hood alone with the Wolf.

She looked at the Wolf for a moment, thinking to herself.

What do I do now? If Grandma believed this creature was a friend... This wolf could have harmed me while I was in the woods, but he didn't...

She smiled at the Wolf then said with admiration, "what lovely ears you have."

"All the better to hear you with, my dear," said the Wolf.

"And such large and expressive eyes."

"All the better to see you with."

"Those teeth look pretty sharp."

"All the better to nash at the knaves to protect you whenever you detour into the woods again."

"Protect me? How do you mean?"

It was then the Wolf transformed into a young man.

Immediately Little Red Riding Hood recognized him. It was the boy who lived in her village. A boy she had her eye on but wasn't sure if he even noticed her.

"Loki?"

He nodded.

"You know magic?!" she exclaimed in delight.

"Yes, but know my feelings for you are no illusion... Beverlee."

It was then Grandma appeared with a tea tray loaded with cups and plates of food, "Well, it looks like we have a lot to discuss."