41: Activate Instant Kill

{Song: Champions by Kurt Hugo Schneider and Andie Case}

~Edited~

"Scott, you go find Rhodey, Rocket, and Banner. I'll look for the others." I tell him before I make my way through the rubble as fast as I can, following the faint trace of Tony's mind.

As I get out from under the pile of rubble, my foot hits a small device that bounces off a small rock and spins back around towards me. "How the hell are you still in one piece?" I mutter as I bend down and grab the small pager, turning it around in my hands before pressing the button experimentally. The bright light that emits from the screen causes me to squint my eyes before it craps out and I groan, tossing it to the side and continuing on towards Tony.

I find him standing with Thor and Steve, they were looking down to where Thanos was just sitting and waiting. "Do you think he got mad that we didn't invite him to the party?" I ask as a greeting, stopping beside the three men. Tony puts his hand on my shoulder and squeezes, a relieved smile flitting across his face.

"What the hell is the purple raisin doing?" I question after a moment of us just looking at him.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor responds.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asks.

"Somewhere under all this," Tony sighs out as he looks around at what used to be the Compound, but is now just a blown up building, "All I know is he doesn't have 'em." He finishes as he returns his gaze onto Thanos.

"So we keep it that way." Steve says.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor flicks his eyes towards us.

"Yeah. I don't much care." Tony shrugs.

"Good. Just as long as we're all in agreement." He comments as his eyes crackle with lightning and a rumble of thunder is heard in the distance. Streaks of lightning curl around Thor's arms, becoming larger and brighter as soon as Stormbreaker and Jonathan-sorry, Mjölnir are in his hands. "Let's kill him properly this time." He says determinedly.

"Don't forget to aim for the head." I mutter out as the three men make their way down to meet the all mighty purple nutsack. I hesitantly follow behind them, changing my arms into metal with claws just in case.

"You could not live with your own failure." Thanos says as soon as he looks up, "Where did that bring you? Back to me." He looks down for a moment before looking back up at us as we split off into different directions to surround him, "I thought by eliminating half of life the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." He grins at Tony as we all come to a stop.

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony retorts.

"I'm thankful. Because now I know what I must do." Thanos rises to his feet and goes towards where his sword and helmet were, we continue to move around him.

"Move on to another Universe and become a cyborg soldier from the future with a Winter Soldier arm?" I ask.

I'm ignored. Rude. 

"I will shred this universe down to its last atom. And then with the stones you've collected for me create a new one teeming with life," He pulls his weapon out of the ground and studies it for a moment, "That knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given. A grateful universe." He faces the three men, his back to me.

"Born out of blood." Steve says with a clenched jaw.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." He threatens.