1: We Will Work On Control

{Song: Freaks by Jordan Clarke}

~Edited~

I don't remember much of how it happened. I was brought into a room with a scepter, and I remember a blindingly bright light, turning blue when it touched me. The next thing I knew I was lying on a cot in my cell, a radio softly playing some kind of classical music outside the door. I knew they had a camera inside the room, and that they were watching me the next few days.

The first sign was more than two months after The Exposure. It wasn't noticeable at first, just a small flicker of noise at the edge of my mind. But soon I could hear the sound of boots walking towards my door and the noise turned into voices. 

God another day and she still hasn't changed. Luckily the other two have shown signs of improvement. 

It sounded like the person was talking directly into my mind but the window at my door hadn't been opened and no one had said anything out loud. I stood up and took a few steps towards the door, cocking my head curiously. I heard a radios crackle and a low voice speak through it, then the reply of the man who was standing outside my door, "Are you sure sir? Okay." He said and then the latch on my door opened and it was swung open to reveal a single armed guard looking slightly taken back when he notices I was already standing there. 

"You're being moved to the observation rooms." He said before turning on his heel and walking me through the corridors. We passed both my siblings rooms, their doors wide open, the rooms empty. I ended up in a smaller room, a whole wall was a mirror and the only other thing in the room was a cot. 

I heard the door shut firmly behind me as the footsteps walk away and turned to look around the room, I suspected that the glass wall was a one-way mirror and the scientists were watching me on the other side. This was confirmed when I started hearing multiple voices in my head. Many of them were recognizable as that of the scientists who I have seen in the past, but a few were also voices I didn't know, they could have been guards or other HYDRA employees I hadn't met. 

The voices grew in both volume and capacity as more voices crammed into my mind. I shoved my hands against my ears and slid down a wall until my head was squashed between my knees. It wasn't until I heard a louder voice come through a speaker that I lifted my head a bit to hear what it was saying. 

"-you okay? What's happening?" The voice asks. I shake my head, not knowing what's happening myself. "The voices, too many voices." I croak when I finally do speak. A few minutes later the voices slowly started to fade away, like they were getting farther away from me, until there was only one that I could hear. 

"Can you hear me?" A soft voice asks

"Yes." I whisper as I drop my hands and look up, expecting someone to be standing next to me only to see that I was still alone in the room. 

"I'm not there, you are reading my mind.'"The voice replies, it must have been one of the scientists in the other room.

I look up in shock as another thought comes into my mind. 

"We will work on control." 

~~~~~~~

It was only a few weeks later when something new happened. I was sitting in a test room with a few others who were reading my vitals and comparing them to my siblings while a few of the other scientists were huddled in a group around another computer talking in hushed voices. Unfortunately for them, I could easily pick up what they were saying and also hear their thoughts on the subject.