12: What Do You Mean Groupie?

{Song: S.L.U.T. by Bea Miller}

~Edited~

"So I heard that Tony got scarred for life when he walked in on you and Buck getting it on." Nat comments as if discussing the weather. I was sitting at the dining room table with Peter and we were trying to break into some program Tony had set up in his spider-man suit. Steve and Bucky were in the living room talking in low voices while the TV was turned onto some news station but by the quick glance they both sent over to us they clearly heard Nat. 

I refused to lift my head, my face getting hot as I blushed furiously. Peter froze and gulped nervously, "Um.. well I got.. um homework." He excuses himself before snatching his suit and basically running out of the room. I flick my eyes up to Nat's and send her as much of a death glare as I can conjure up, she just smirks and slides into the seat opposite me with her back to the living room. 

"How about we talk about you? What's going on between you and Spangles?" I hiss out, feeling my mouth slowly turn into a smirk to match Nats'. She heaves a large sigh before leaning her forearms on the table, "When we were on the run from HYDRA, you know after you tried to kill us the first time. We kissed to avoid being caught in a mall and honestly, it was a pretty good kiss. But I of course made fun of him for it, and well... I don't really know. He kept declining all the women I suggested which made me think maybe he wasn't interested in them because he was already interested in someone else." She explains in a low voice. 

"He clearly likes you, the way he acted yesterday. Being playful, Nat, come on you're not blind." I roll my eyes. She gives me a pointed look, "No shit sherlock. He actually asked me out last night." She retorts and this causes me to nearly squeal. Me being the smoothest person in the world covered it up by burying my face in my arm and turning the sound into a cough. 

"I've never dated someone who was one hundred years old before. Hopefully everything works." She comments with a thoughtful expression, causing me to choke out a laugh that I had to cover with my arm again to try and muffle it. "Oh god, good point." I mutter after getting control of myself. 

Then both of us shared a look as we both remembered who was on the other side of the room. Their conversation had gone quiet and while the news was still playing at a low volume the room was weirdly silent. Nat turns her head to look behind her as I move to the side to see Steve and Bucky sitting on the couch, staring at us. By the expressions worn by both the men in the living room, they heard the entire conversation. 

"Hey guys... whoa what did I miss?" Wanda stops short when she enters the room and takes in the scene before her. She looks towards me for an explanation but this just causes Nat and I to burst out into giggles as Steve and Bucky both look away awkwardly. "Anyway... I thought I should tell you guys that we have a visitor." She continues. 

"Who?" Steve asks after a short pause. 

"Lang." Wanda says the name and Nat immediately snorts another laugh, "Better go hide Cap, your groupie is here." She comments and not even two seconds later more voices are heard heading towards us. 

"What do you mean groupie?" I ask Nat quietly but she just motions for me to wait and see. I shrug and turn towards the entrance as Wanda joins us at the table. The first one to walk in was Tony followed by Peter and Banner, then Barton trudges in quickly followed by a man I haven't seen before who was talking rapidly and excitedly about something. 

"Alright Stuart Little, you still haven't told us why you're here. At my compound." Tony cuts off the man who I assume is Lang. This just causes the man to look away from Barton and scan the room and the others in it. 

"Mister America- er, Mister Captain... sir. Awesome to see you again and your scary friend... hi." The man smiles excitedly at Steve and then turns timid and gives Bucky a small wave before he looks over at the table and greets Nat and Wanda before looking at me curiously.