xxvi

(TW: recollection of sexual abuse: I'm so sorry if this becomes a trigger for anybody!)

FINLEY

"No, she's still coming to terms with seeing Cas. She's been asking for you so we haven't said anything yet. You should be the one to explain everything to her," A low, gruffly voice spoke softly and I registered the sound of heavy footsteps ascending onto the stairs.

        Low, masculine voice crashing, and colliding over each other washed over the room, and I caught a husky, deep voice that I knew without a doubt belonged to Octavius.

Even from the comfort of my room, his guttural, rough growl shook through the room, effortlessly snapping my disoriented mind out of the hazy cloud it had been surrounded by. 

        All of a sudden, all I wanted was him. Octavius. All I wanted was for his strong, masculine arms to wrap around me, and promise that everything would be fine even if nothing was absolutely fine. Especially with the introduction of Cas.

        I sighed lowly bringing my knees up to my chest as I slowly started to convince myself that Cas would never hurt me again—he could never. I'm stronger now, right?

        Or at least I hoped.

        "Topolina?" The sound of quiet knocking against the doorframe alerted me, and I jumped slightly in response. "Open the door, baby. It's me. It's just me," Octavius' roughly, deep voice commanded, my body shivering with thrilling excitement that he was finally here. "Vieni qui," He demanded in a serious tone when I opened the door slightly, granting him entrance to my dark room.

        (Come here)

Without hesitation, I jumped into his big, comforting arms, my small frame molding to his and I shut my eyes melting into his warm embrace. He bent down slightly, his lips nestling against the side of my hair as he pressed a soft kiss to my temple. Sugars.

        The simple action of him pulling my body against his was strangely satisfying, like a puzzle piece snapping neatly into place. I whimpered lowly, my small hands automatically clutching at his shirt desperately hoping he wouldn't disappear into thin air—giving myself the assurance that he was indeed real.

        His intoxicating, faint cologne enveloped me in a tightly bear hug, my legs wrapped around his waist as he slowly lowered us to the bed.

"Baby," He spoke gently, his voice from concern to reassurance. I laid on top of him, his big, muscled body engulfing my frame; his large, calloused hands lifted to my back, rubbing in a upward, downward motion as an attempt to calm my trembling body down—the same way he always did whenever I was having a panic attack.

        The thought of that brought tears to my eyes and I sniffed, burying my tear-filled face into the crook of his neck

"I-I.. I.. he...Cas.. he's back, and... and what—what if comes for me and... and you get hurt? I.. he... I can't... you'll get hurt b-because of m-me, and... and then you're g-going to hate me, but I don't want... want you to hate me," I cried out unable to resist the sobs that escaped my lips and Octavius merely hugged me tighter against his body, stroking my hair while tears coursed down my cheeks and stained his neck. "I-I'm so sorry, I... I'm so.. so sorry."