xiv

PAP-OCTAVIUS

She was ignoring me. I knew it. I could tell.

        My little Topolina was being rebellious which could sooner or later result in a spanking. Though she wasn't ready for that yet. Fuck, I completely lost control earlier with her. I inhaled a deep breath, my dark eyes fixated on only her. Finley. It was becoming so goddamn hard to keep my focus or thoughts on anything else but the five-foot-one inept in front of me.

Fuck, that woman completely unmans me. Sugar and rainbows wrapped together in a convenient pocket-sized parcel.

"Topolina," I called out, my voice coming out raspier and deeper than I had intended. I never wanted to scare her with my words earlier but perhaps I could stop the charade of being her 'friend.' "Finley." I spoke again, this time I could feel the hidden irritation beneath my voice.

"Y-yes?" Her warm, gentle voice replied, like a sweet lullaby to my ears. Her voice. Fuck. My eyes flickered to where Finley was currently seated, her gaze focused on the large, massive television and the cartoon that had been playing in the background for the last half-hour instead of the stacks of homework on her lap; her mind was focused on something else.

Wolf and Growl were joined beside her with the exception of Wolf being a little attention seeker and attempting to crawl on her lap every five minutes.

         I'm going to throw him out if he doesn't get it together.

        Her teeth bit down on her bottom lip as she absently played with her fingers, stripping off pieces of skin from her thumb, the same habit she provoked whenever she was anxious. Do I make her anxious? Damn it, Octavius.

        "Topolina, come here," I demanded with a firm voice. I adjusted my stance on the stool, crossing my legs while I pursed my lips thoughtfully wondering how long she could continue this charade. When she didn't budge from her position, I spoke carefully yet harshly under my breath. "Now."

        Finley rose from the couch, and instantly the pair of Rotties started whimpering like the stupid attention-seeker they were. Pussies. "I'll be right back, b-behave." Her melodic voice spoke, and I nearly chuckled watching as she tried to muster a stern voice.

         Cute.

"I-I'm coming," She mumbled in response, shooting me an innocent toothy grin. I couldn't help but be completely engrossed with how gorgeous she truly was. She had an ethereal sort of look that surrounded her, as though I was gazing at a piece of art. There was no carnal desire there -- just a bewitching beauty.

With every small step she took, my eyes stayed glued to her, my fingers folded desperately itching to reach over and have her body next to mine. She was beautiful the way fire and sunlight were beautiful, warm and glowing and golden; enough to drive a saint to madness, a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter.

When she finally reached where I sat with the exception of apologizing to the walls for bumping into them. I hovered over her like the dark vicious beast from the tale old as time Beauty and the Beast. Finley was short, minuscule, tiny. Blessed with the perfect body fitted for her frame, soft curves—curves that molded to her body hidden underneath her oversized shirts and pants— and I could tell she disliked; in my eyes, she was perfect as she was.

OctaviusOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara