𝟬𝟲. the monstrous encounter

Zacznij od początku

The Burned One dropped down and rushed at her as Bloom pleaded "Please, Please,Please" before she jumped back, kicked out a vent cover, as she ran out of into the main room, She continued running towards the door until she saw Ms. Dowling standing there waiting for the creature in the middle of the hall.

"Don't stop now." She pointed to the door and Bloom ran for it. The door opens and she goes through it a forest greeting her as she stopped turned around and saw Ms. Dowling and the burned one. Before she could see anything else, the door shut.

Zara and the winx suite mates ( except for Stella ) all stared at Bloom, and Zara rushed towards her, engulfing her in a high as the girl continued to take in deep raged breaths.

"Are you OK?" Aisha asked.

Bloom, breathing heavily as Zara had stopped huggi by her replied, "Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I think so. What the hell was that thing?" She asked.

"I'm pretty sure it's called a Burned One." Terra replied, as Bloom looked shocked and bewildered from what she had just experienced, rightfully so.

"Huh? Wait. Where... where's Stella?" Bloom asked, noticing the missing person.

"She's back at the dorm, why?" Zara asked. Bloom was obviously worried as she looked at her dorm mates with obvious anxiety. "That thing just took her ring.".

Sky had been seated at his desk as he played with his engagement ring, Zara's words she had told him previously affecting him. Just stop!

Sky squeezed his eyes shut in frustration, before letting out a long and frustrating sigh. As he did this action he forgot to look around as he had opened his desk drawer and take a picture book out of his desk.

He opened the cover and on the first page laid the one and only photo in the entire book, one that was meant to stay a secret.

The photo was Zara and Him, his in his suit, and her in the dress she wore on there engagement day. It was a champagne pink satin dress that had short sleeves. The dress had a tie around the waist made of the same material, on her head was the crown for the princess of Espero, a flower crown, the leaves were small and made out of gold connecting to the structure of the crown while the flowers were small and white jewels for the petals. She had a simple necklace and bravely adorning her as well, she was ethereal.

Zara had held Sky's hand in the photo as she smiled and made it look like she was walking away while sky had laughed.

Of course it was all a facade, but it seemed perfect, and she looked happier than ever, even if they both were forced into a marriage.

But for him it wasn't a lie, because he still was in love with her.

He wasn't sure about Zara, but he refused to have this marriage as a alliance. Call him a sap, but he wanted it to work for real. Not for show or to look pretty to others then loathe, fight and resent one and other the minute the curtains closed.

As he thought and stared at the photo, he didn't notice Stella walk into his and Riven's room. Curiosity filled Stella as she walked closer and saw her.

Saw them.

'This had to be an old photo, right?' Stella thought

"Sky?" The blonde man immediately closed the book shut as he looked behind him, nervous to find the girl he saw in his room. "You can't be in here, Stel. If Silva finds out..." he said in a soft voice.

"I'll leave before the sun comes up." She said this as she ran her hands up and down his arms, Sky was getting uncomfortable. He inhaled with difficulty.

"You can't pull this shit, Stel... You broke up with me."

'Don't do anything to jeopardize the alliance, Don't even touch Stella' his thoughts instructed him as he took Stella's hands off his arms.

"No, I know." Stella said softly. Sky had walked away from her to the other side of the room.

"I didn't hear from you all summer, and then I say two words to a first year, or is it because of—" Sky had been interrupted.

"I said I know, OK? I'm sorry" Stella looked down, as she had tears forming in her eyes. 

Sky looked everywhere before he made eye contact with Stella. "What are you doing here?"

"I got jealous." Sky nodded, and his eyes widened like he was being sarcastic as Stella rolled hers. "Yeah, I know I'm not allowed to, but I did. And I did something really stupid. Now they all think I'm a monster."

"Oh, Stel..."

"No, please. I can't sleep in there, Sky. In a room where everybody hates me." She walked closer to the blonde boy. "Please. Tonight, can I just stay with you? Next to someone who doesn't... hate me." Sky ran his hands through Stella's hair as she closed her eyes.

"You're better than you think you are, Stella. Other people can't see that if you don't." He comforted the girl.

While he was calm on the outside his mind he was having an inner battle.

'Don't you fucking dare!' Stella and Sky hugged as he thought that.

"Y-you can stay here tonight, I'll sleep on the couch" Stella hesitated before nodding as the boy made his way outside the room.

They group of fairies had walked into there suite, Aisha opening the door as Zara had played with her fingers.

"The headmistress will take care of the Burned One, Bloom. She won't leave it in the First World." Bloom began to walk away as she nodded "Don't worry. Your parents are safe." Zara added as comfort.

"Thanks."

"Wait, Bloom, and Aisha come with me" Zara said as she beckoned them over. The two first years looked at one and other before nodding and following the second year, they made there way out in the field, where they could see the whole school. Before Zara sat down in the middle of the grass surrounded by the darkness and beauty of the night.

"What are we doing here?" Aisha asked

"Sit down" Zara smiled as she took Bloom and Aisha's hands and pulled them down, making them sit.

"I was lying...before, when we were telling our stories of accidental magic."

"What are you talking about?"

"Because of my magic— I killed my mother and my brothers arm is paralyzed because of me." Bloom and Aisha were shocked.

"I know this isn't the right time, but I just want you to know your the only one who accidentally hurt someone." Zara reached out and held Blooms hand.

"If you Don't mind me asking, how did it happen?" Aisha asked.

"Well as I have told you before I am an elemental fairy, so I can control all elements but it's not easy, a human figure with that much power would burst, so I specialize in two elements, while the others are locked away until needed. My sister isn't a fairy, her and I were children when experimenting and playing with my magic, unknowingly I attracted a stray burned one, and before I knew it it had tried to attack us, my brother got in the way and the burned one slashed him, my father looked after my brother while my mother who was a brave soul had gone after it, but it was a trap and she alongside others ended up dying that night, I'm not sure who did the deed all I know is that while she was turning, someone in my family let her out of her misery."

Bloom and Aisha didn't say much. "I just wanted to tell you the truth as I know I have been rather up tight and strict good two shoes" Zara laughed.

"But honestly if you ever need anything, I'm here alright, you can tell me anything"

1830 WORDS
— NOT EDITED
— ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE SO SORRY ABOUT GRAMMAR MISTAKES !!