𝐗𝐗

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐃. Sereia blinked a few times, thinking about how she survived.

Ranboo must have saved her.

She cursed herself, imagining how much pain he's been through just because of her. She was nothing but a silly fish who gave everyone a reason to worry.

Sereia began to gaslight herself. Now she was too afraid to go back up to the surface, only to cause more problems.

So, she swam away to a good-no,-a better distance away from everyone.

She didn't even remember what happened after she said I love you to Ranboo. He must've been so distressed. She didn't even know if he loved her back.

There was a cliche saying that went "If you love them, you have to let them go."

Well, this is what she's doing right now.

To let go of Ranboo. To not give him anymore trouble. She hoped he would understand and move on, because that's the only thing she could do; To hope.

...

Sereia had been living in a shore by the ocean for four months now. As expected, she hasn't and would not want to receive news about her friends.

While swimming around to find shrimps for snack, she saw a Drowned in the middle of the river of her way. This seemed all too familiar.

Grabbing a rusty spear hidden in the rocks, she aimed it on the Drowned and struck.

"Wow, this time you didn't use a stone to kill it." A smirk was audible from the voice she heard of a man.

Reaching the surface, it was none other than Dream, though he wasn't wearing his mask unlike in the war.

Sereia slapped him across his face.

A scarlet mark appeared on his cheek from the hard slap as he only stared at her, half shocked, half astonished.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Were you expecting a hug?" She deadpanned. "You lied to me, Dream."

The man began to chuckle. This guy's a psycho, for sure. "I did what I did to create revolution."

Sereia's eyebrows were furrowed. "Is that the true reason why you turned me into a human?"

"It was all a set up. That night I told you to meet me at my manor, you saw Wilbur and Techno talking. Wilbur and I talked that night. He agreed with me to blow up L'Manberg again."

The mermaid was speechless, and he resumed. "Next, I gave you an ender pearl to teleport to Tommy where Philza was. I knew Philza was there. I made you want to tell him about Wilbur's plan, but you didn't. But that's fine. Phil's a wise guy. He'll understand."

"And so," an arrogant grin crept in his face. "He did. He killed Wilbur after he blew up L'Manberg."

Her mouth parted in disbelief and disturbance. Will's dead?! "Don't tell me you used me for Philza to kill his own son."

Dream gave a subtle nod. "For the revolution."

She wanted to slap him again, clenching her teeth. When she tried to, Dream took a tight grip of her wrist before it hit his face.

"Although, I did enjoy seeing your bond with Ranboo as a human. It's sad how you guys didn't end up together, though."

She took her hand back harshly. "How's Tommy and Tubbo?"

"Tommy's mad 'cause the discs are still with me, but he's alright. As for Tubbo, he's happy." Dream shrugged. "Aren't you gonna ask about Ranboo?"

"He's fine. I don't have to ask what he's doing-"

"-he's married." Dream informed.

Suddenly, Sereia's whole world stopped, but she still brought herself together to ask. "T-to whom is he married with?"

There was a long silence before the man answered. "He's married with Tubbo."

Okay, now, Sereia's whole world froze in it's spot. She was feeling some kind of betrayal, but she was also one to talk about betraying.

She had left her friends, especially Ranboo, for good. So she didn't really have the right to be angry.

Looking back, she thought she was his first love, but she was only in fact his second.

She isn't, by any means, the lesser love to Ranboo. She was a flare of sunshine in his world of storms and pain, a ray of light and caring energy and wit. She fought her hardest to make things whatever wrong right. She stayed with him through his darkest moments and did her best to light his eyes up again.

She loved him, and he undoubtedly loved her.

But there was a first love.

And that first love was Tubbo. Ranboo's first ever best friend.

"Listen," Dream snapped her back to her senses. "They're in Snowchester right now, but I'm not forcing you to go there. It's your choice if you want to."

"Oh, so now you give me a choice." She murmured darkly.

As much as she tried to deny it, she really did want to see her friends again.