─ *•. PREQUEL SAMPLE

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!" Olivia asked from the floor, blowing her hair out of her face.

"I was asleep!"

"I never heard anything so irresponsible, Annora!" said Olivia running a hand through her hair and detangling herself from the sheets.

Annora gaped putting her hands on her hips. "You are the one supposed to wake me up, Olivia!"

"Whoa! Have some respect, Annie!" Olivia huffed as she stood up, fixing her cotton pajamas. "I'm your mother!"

"That—That's the point I was trying to make!" Annora said in disbelief and Olivia laughed.

"Come on! We have to get ready, " Olivia said as they passed through the door. "The electricity must have been down so we're a tiny bit late."

"A tiny bit?" Annora asked, trying, and failing miserably, at raising an eyebrow.

"Well, if you go get ready and make sure you have everything in that outdated bag of yours—"

"—you mean my trunk?"

"Then we'll have enough time."

"What about you? Are you going in pajamas? What about food? I can't work without food!"

"Annie, stop asking questions, I have everything under control, " Olivia said with a smile ushering Annora to her room. "We'll go to Page's on the way. And I'm going to get dressed. Now hurry!"

"Fine!" Annora huffed as she entered her room.

Olivia smiled proudly as she saw her door close and turned to her own room.

For her it was just yesterday that they were in the little white hospital room, with the broken light that wouldn't stop buzzing or the weird sterilized smell mixed with sweat and nerves. The place where her baby was born.

She remembered that looked at Edmund, his face sweaty from having his hand squeezed to death (and later on finding out that he had dislocated something) as he tried to decrease Olivia's pain, easing it, and she knew he was thinking the same. From that moment, Annora was their life.

They were both really young, both just seventeen when they ran off to the United Kingdom. They had fled, leaving everything behind, in order to be able to start their new family. And a few months later, Annora was born.

Unmistakably, their life wasn't all unicorns and rainbows, with no obstacles or mishaps. In fact, their life was far from perfect. But all that mattered was that they were happy. All that mattered to Olivia was just that: Happiness.

And now, now her little Annie was off to school. Off to Hogwarts, a wizarding school in Scotland.

After getting ready and dressed in some of her casual clothes—though, and she wouldn't admit it to anyone, they were slightly more fancy, seeing as she was going to be in the presence of other parents and didn't want them to think she was too young to properly raise her child. Olivia left her room and a smile tugged at her lips as she saw Annora at the end of the hall by the front door.

Her curly blonde hair was pushed back by a teal bandana. She wasn't, yet, wearing her school robes, and instead, Annora had some high-waisted denim bell bottoms on, and one of her dad's old muggle t-shirts—one that Olivia had to charm in order to not swallow her daughter whole. She was humming a song under her breath, her outdated bag (her trunk) at her feet as she looked over the pictures on the wall.

Olivia's heart clenched slightly, her smile faltering, as she saw her daughter's lips twitch into a sad smile.

Even if she couldn't see it, Olivia knew just which picture she was looking at. It was the picture of Edmund and Annora, on the rooftop of the apartment building during a bright and starry night. Annie was barely four when it was taken, laughing like crazy on her father's shoulders. Edmund was smiling at the camera—the same smile Annora had.