Chapter 33: Bring Him Down

Start from the beginning

"So let me help you out, without you thinking you're stepping over a line that doesn't exist" Dabi finished, turning to face me again. 

I looked at him for a moment before letting out a small chuckle. "You're do poetic, I almost threw up" I laughed, Dabi sending me a glare.

"You're such an asshole" Dabi complained, glaring at me with his eye twitching. 

I calmed down my laughter, looking up and still seeing Dabi with the same annoyed expression. 

"But on a serious note. I've always seen you as an older brother, ever since you took me in 6 years ago" I admitted, walking forward again, Dabi walking beside me as well.

"I think you, Akai, and Jupiter would've gotten along" I continued, shifting my gaze to the ground as we walked. 

"Something wrong?" Dabi asked. 

"I wasn't able to expand six eyes, not to the point where I could see what my grandma could see" I said, Dabi looking at me in confusion. 

"She's blind isn't she?" Dabi questioned. 

"Her six eyes can see beyond what the human eye is capable of. And when she said she could see Akai and Jupiter in that room, I wanted to do it too" I explained. Dabi nodded once, but noticed something else was on my mind. 

"But?" Dabi pushed. 

"But I think I prevented myself from doing it" I muttered. 

"But how could you have done that if you yourself just said you wanted to see them too?" Dabi asked. 

"Because I can't help but think of what they'll say when I see them. I want them to scream and yell at me. Curse me even, blame me for being the reason for their deaths. Jupiter and my mom cursing me for being the cause for the way they died. Akai and my dad cursing me for not being stronger and protecting everyone. 

I want my mom to look at me with the haunting eyes of disappointment and tell me that she thought I'd do better. Be disappointed that I'm going around, killing people left and right without a care about who I hurt. Because I don't, I don't give a damn if the families of the heroes I've killed suffer, I'd do it again. Over and over, until I feel like they've suffered enough" I ranted, my hands going to my hair.

"But even if I want them to yell at me, I don't want it to be now. I don't think I can bear it. It's so stupid. After all this time, I'm still so weak" I finished. Nacho leaned in closer, trying to provide comfort while Dabi looked at me, speechless from my confession. 

"Y/N, after everything you told me about your family. Your parents, your brother and sister, your whole damn clan. I can't ever picture them turning on you" Dabi said. 

"You didn't see it, Dabi. The way Jupiter and my mom were dragged away. The way Akai and my dad were killed by being bashed in the head so many times, each hit was for when they didn't tell the soldiers and heroes where I was. The kids crying when they were taken away from their mothers so they could be killed like animals" I protested.

"But you also told me how they knew they were laying their lives down for you. They knew you would change the world, shape it the way you wanted. They died for you, so you can see the end of the cruelty of the corrupted hero world. They're not disappointed in you Y/N, I know they're proud of how far you've come, no matter the circumstances" Dabi said, hand landing on my shoulder. 

"You're not alone Y/N, you never were" Dabi finished, pulling me in for a hug. My eyes widened, and I hugged him back. 

"Thanks, Dabi" 

~🕊~

"Y/N is on the move, we don't know the next phase of his plan. But we can all confirm that it's nothing good" All Might said. He was sitting in a wheelchair. One of his legs and arms were missing, he would be in that chair for the rest of his life. He had officially been knocked out of the hero industry by a 14 year old, and the heroes were all terrified. 

"He broke into Tartarus, released prisoners and killed off the ones he didn't need with ease. There's obviously a war going to happen" Aizawa sighed, rubbing at his eyes. 

"The child has always been out of hand, and we have nothing to throw against him" Midnight pointed out. 

"How wrong you all are" Machima said as she entered the room, Yahune following right behind her. 

"Machima?" Nezu said in a questioning voice, not expecting the women to show up to the meeting.

"All scampering around like dogs with your tails between your legs when you see Y/N. It's no wonder the public lost their faith in you afterall" Machima taunted, hands behind her back. 

The heroes grew visibly irritated at her taunts, but chose not to say anything.

"You all talk like we have nothing to fight back against Y/N with, when you're wrong" she continued, smiling at all the heroes in the room. 

"Looks like all of you need some assistance, I'll be taking Y/N's case from now on. And I would like you to meet your new ally" She finished. "You can come in now" 

Heavy footsteps sounded through the hallway, everyone completely silent in anticipation. 

A man with an incredible large build walked into the room. He had a scar by his mouth, his aura emitting pure confidence and pride. 

"Meet Toji" Machima introduced. 

"And he, will bring Y/N down."