Chapter 23: From the Inside

A/N: I don't remember the villains having a very important part in the Overhaul arc, the screen time leaning more towards the heroes, besides the meeting with Shigaraki and Overhaul.

I stood there in the warehouse, my hands behind my back as I stared at the pool of blood on the floor. 

"So, a guy named Overhaul killed Magne? And he wants to do business?" I asked, looking towards the others. Dabi was beside me with his hands in his pockets, Nacho was on my shoulder. 

"I didn't mean for this to happen, I swear I didn't" Twice wept, helping Toga, who was treating Compress. He too got injured by the fellow villain, losing his entire arm. 

"I know you didn’t, I don't blame you for this" I dismissed, my smile a lot colder than the league was used to. 

They all shivered at the coldness of my demeanor, but I looked perfectly calm to the blind eye.  

"We're obviously not letting this go, we're down a member of the league because of that guy. This wasn't part of your plan, so how do you plan on fixing it?" Dabi asked the question everyone was thinking. 

I continued to look down at the blood on the floor, what was left of Magne had been reduced to nothing. 

"You don't plan on letting this go, right Y/N?" Shigaraki asked. 

"We're going after this guy, right?" Toga said with a glare, continuing to care for Compress. 

"Of course I'm not letting this go" I said, turning away from the blood and facing the others, hands still behind my back. "Now, give me the details on what he had said" 

"He was here to recruit the league into serving for his own cause. He kept going on about his perfect goal, like we would give him out loyalty with open arms" Shigaraki said, glaring from behind the hand over his face. 

"That right? I happened to run into this guy before arriving, he also talked about his goals and about my potential service to him. So, now we know he's desperate for numbers and power. There's also another thing I happened to catch on to" I sighed, walking over to come crates and sitting on them. 

"He has a little girl in his possession, she was all bandaged up and scared half to death. I can assume those two heroes in training did nothing to take her away from him after I had left" I finished. 

"How can you assume something like that?" Spinner asked with a raised brow. 

"Heroes rescuing a little girl from harms way? Sounds like a good title for news stations all around Musutafu. The heroes are desperate to replenish their tainted reputation from my fight with All Might.
They would use any rescue, any big accomplishment for their gain. So, seeing as the news stations are silent, only replaying footage of me ending All Might's career, answers that question" I explained. 

(Idk why but I felt smart when writing this, like I exposed them on their shit 💀)

"I see now, good catch" Dabi said, leaning against the wall. 

"So the girl is a key part to his plan? Is that what you're getting at?" Shigaraki asked. 

"That's what my guess is, why else would a villain with a goal have a little girl? She was terrified too, which made the situation kind of obvious" I sighed, leaning forward from where I sat. 

"So, take the girl and his whole operation is a bust?" Toga questioned. 

"I do plan on getting the girl away from him, but not to gain the upper hand in this. I don't involve kids in anything I do" I corrected, remembering all the cries of the children being killed years ago. 

"Then how do you plan on taking him down then? We don't even know where he's hiding at" Spinner pointed out. 

I smiled in response and took out the card Overhaul had handed to me during our fateful meeting. 

"Destroy it from the inside of course" I replied. 

This made everyone in the room crack a smile. Because no one messed with us and think they were safe, especially from me. 

A/N: Sorry for the shorter chapter, I've been working a lot recently. This is just setting up the Overhaul story, so I didn't expect this chapter to be very long anyway. I realized this arc is going to be pretty speedy, so here's my question! 

Should I continue the story based off the manga? Let me know before I finish up season 4, cause I do have Y/N's plan continuing into the manga. 

Another question! For those who read Rewind, which Y/N do you like better? Rewind Y/N or Infinity Y/N? I'm curious 😂 See you next chapter everyone!