Exposed (Stripper Levi x Student Reader AU)

Начните с самого начала

The guard knocked before cracking open the door and calling, "Yo, Mr. Clean, you got some friends here."

Levi grumbled something that was unintelligible to you, but apparently, the guard understood.

"Okay, you can go on in," he stated before sauntering back toward his post.

Hanji led the way inside, looking much more confident than you felt. After all, there must have been a reason why Levi had lied to you about his job. He clearly didn't want you to know he was a stripper. You could only imagine how awkward he felt after seeing you show up here out of the blue.

The dressing room was a deep red color, packed tightly with makeup tables and racks of sparkly clothing, lit only by bright lightbulbs from the rows of large vanity mirrors. A pole stood in the far corner – presumably for practice – and beside it, a matching red velvet couch was nestled against the wall. Yet, no one else occupied the strangely cozy space, except for you and Hanji and Levi.

Your boyfriend sat in front of one of the vanity mirrors, elbows resting on the table and his face in his hands. He was still wearing the skimpy maid outfit from his performance, and your first thought was that he must be cold. A robe hung nearby, but apparently, he hadn't bothered to put it on.

"Levi!" Hanji chimed, strolling over to him as if nothing were amiss. "Wow, what a great show! You had the audience wrapped around your finger –"

"How could you do this, Hanji?" Levi snapped, suddenly shooting to his feet and glaring at the brunette. With the heels, he actually matched her height, his narrowed eyes staring directly into hers as he continued, "You promised you would never tell anyone. And yet, you bring my girlfriend here, of all things!"

Hanji held up her hands defensively. "But that's exactly why I brought her!" she explained with a nervous grin. "I thought it would help you two...you know...move things along. After all, you have been dating for a while now..."

"Tch," Levi hissed. "Some friend you are."

"Oooookay," you murmured as you squeezed yourself between them, trying to diffuse the situation. Then, addressing the brunette, you asked delicately, "Hanji, could you please give us a minute?"

Surprisingly, she agreed to grant you privacy, and a few seconds later, you and Levi were alone in the dressing room. You turned back to your boyfriend, but he was already walking away, putting as much distance between you two as the cramped space would allow. He tripped over himself, then swore viciously as he kicked off his heels before finally stopping in front of the velvet couch. He wrapped his arms tightly around his exposed torso, and when you saw his shoulders start to tremble, you wondered again if he was cold.

But then you heard it – the soft sound of sniffling.

And a moment later, he asked quietly, "A-are you...angry with me?"

You felt like a knife had been stabbed through your heart. Quickly, you closed the gap, removing your jacket and draping it over his shoulders. Levi glanced up at you, surprise in his tear-filled eyes. But before he could question your actions, you gently pulled him to sit on the couch with you, then immediately wrapped him in a firm hug.

"No, I'm not mad," you assured him, your voice soft and comforting. "I mean, I get it. College is expensive – even with my parents helping me out – so I can only imagine how much harder it is to have no support. I don't blame you for doing this. But still..." You swallowed, emotion tightening your throat. "I hate it. I hate seeing those scumbags leer up at you like you're just an object. You and your body are worth so much more than that."

Levi's breath hitched, and a second later, he burrowed his face into your shoulder, trying to hide the tears that spilled from his eyes. Clearly, he had been expecting you to be disgusted with him, to be angry that he lied – or angry that he danced provocatively for strangers six nights a week when he had barely even kissed you. He hadn't been prepared for your calm understanding, or your tender words.