Exposed (Stripper Levi x Student Reader AU)

Start from the beginning

"It's not a lap dance, is it?" you asked with a grimace.

Hanji just laughed, looking frighteningly like a mad scientist about to bring her monster to life.

Then you were through the door. The room was dark, lit sparsely with various neon colors, and it somehow seemed much bigger than the building's outward appearance suggested. Music pounded in your ears, and you occasionally felt the bass vibrating through your body. A handful of stairs descended to the main floor, where dozens of patrons crowded around standing tables and booths – which looked rather high-quality, despite the sketchy purpose of the place. Waitresses sauntered back and forth between the mass of tables and the bar to the left, delivering round after round of drinks.

Everything was arranged around a raised stage in the middle of the room where the performers would do...what they did. It was illuminated by the same shades of neon scattered around the club, only brighter, clearly indicating where the focus should be. A silver pole stood in the middle, and wrapped around that pole was...

Oh my God.

That was Levi up there – your boyfriend, Levi – dancing provocatively while wearing nothing but heels and a skimpy maid outfit that barely covered the essentials. You watched, completely dumbstruck, as he rolled his hips against the pole, then strutted around it before gripping it with his thigh and easing into a smooth spin that undoubtedly took enormous amounts of strength and flexibility. But he made every move seem effortless.

You couldn't believe your eyes. Despite his unflappable demeanor, he was actually quite shy around the topic of promiscuous activities, and you knew for a fact that he was still a virgin. Thus, a strip club was the absolute last place you'd ever imagine him working at. Then again, strippers were paid exceedingly well, and you knew he needed money for college...

Regardless, you had to admit that he was quite good, and you felt your throat going dry, felt heat rushing to your cheeks. After all, anyone would get at least a little flustered upon seeing their partner dance like that. However, that heat quickly turned to a clammy coldness once you noticed all the people leering up at him, lust and vulgar fantasies glinting in their expressions.

Then Levi's eyes landed on yours, and he faltered – a slight slip that he quickly recovered from. He continued the dance, twisting and swaying as if on autopilot, but his stare remained locked on you, shocked and frightened. A second later, his gaze dropped to the floor, and it stayed there for the rest of the performance. To anyone else, it would have looked like part of the act – a pretend shyness that was nonetheless attractive. However, you knew better.

Instinctively, you wanted to comfort him, but you weren't sure what you could do from here. You didn't feel right smiling or cheering – because that would make you just like everyone else in the crowd. Besides, it might only embarrass him more.

Once the dance was finished, Levi rushed off the stage, not even lingering to collect the deluge of money that people tossed up to him.

You stared after him, feeling your heart ache, before whirling on the brunette next to you. "What the hell, Hanji?" you snapped. "A warning would've been nice."

She held up her hands defensively. "Er...didn't you like the surprise?" she asked with a nervous chuckle.

"Of course not! Didn't you see his face?" you growled. Then you cast your glare around the room, searching for a door of some sort. "How do I get backstage? I need to talk to him."

------------------------------------------

After explaining to a security guard that you were Levi's girlfriend and showing pictures from your phone as proof, you were escorted backstage to the performers' dressing room.