Chapter 5: A Break

Emery's POV:

His hands slid up from my hips, up my ribs to my breasts. I arched my back as he grabbed both before dipping his head between my legs again. His tongue flicked over my clit and I whimpered, my toes curling as the pleasure became too much, so much I felt like I was going to burst.

"Oh," I moaned, fisting the sheets as my release took over, making my entire body tense in the best possible way. I sunk back into the bed, taking deep breaths as he crawled over me, dropping his lips down to mine. I brought my hands around his neck, pulling him into the kiss deeper, another wave of desire pulsing through me as he sunk his body down on mine, his hardness pressed right against me.

He grabbed my wrists, pinning them over my head and breaking our kiss, staring down at me with those eyes I could not escape from. "Whose are you?" He asked, kissing my jaw as he sunk into me.

"Yours," I moaned, wrapping my legs around him.

He moved in and out of me, his hand tightening on my wrists, his other hand coming down to my jaw. He grabbed my jaw and turned my face towards his, our lips brushing against each other. "Again."

"Yours," I breathed. "I'm yours, Milo."

My eyes snapped open and I sucked in a breath. My hands instinctively went down to see I was dressed, finding my nightgown still on. Of course you're still dressed, Emery, it was only a dream.

I stared up at the ceiling, trying to ignore the ache between my legs from that dream. God, why did my brain have to go and do that? What the hell was wrong with me? I pressed my thighs together and bit down on my lip, feeling the guilt wash over me yet again. It seems it was taking a permanent residence ever since that phone call with Milo. I couldn't stop thinking about him and that was so incredibly wrong when I was with someone else.

"You okay?" Mason mumbled sleepily, dropping his arm over my waist. He did that a lot, the mumbling sleepy talk. I found it completely adorable, especially since he could never remember the next morning that he even said anything. Today it only made the guilt worse.

"Fine," I said, turning on my side, away from him because I couldn't take it.

He mumbled something I didn't understand and soon he was pressed against my back, his arms wrapping around me from behind. He was a cuddler and I loved that too. There were a million things to love, a million things I didn't want to give up.

Except I couldn't be with him like this, not while I was thinking about someone else this intensely. God, Milo why did you have to come back and make it complicated again?

I closed my eyes but I knew there was no way in hell I could sleep now. Carnegie Hall was in just a few days, we were flying back to the states tomorrow, in just a few hours. I hated myself for thinking of Milo while I was with Mason, but I'd hate myself even more if I kept trying and failing to ignore those feelings. I couldn't be with Mason until I was over Milo. I thought I was over Milo, but then he had to go call me and make all those feelings resurface. I felt the tears building and curled up in a ball, feeling even worse when Mason curled up with me.

I didn't want to lose Mason, but I cared about him too much to keep him while I tried to get over someone else. That wasn't fair. I just had no idea what to say to him. Mason was perfect. If I had to create the perfect boyfriend with every quality I loved, Mason would hit every mark. There wasn't even anything I could pretend was wrong because he was that perfect. He knew me, he paid attention to details, he was everything I needed.

The tears came out and I turned my face into the bed. Damn you, Milo.

I was right about not sleeping. I tried and tried and then gave up. We planned to just eat at the airport because we didn't want to get up early enough for breakfast but since I couldn't sleep, I decided to just make breakfast for us. I'd be lying if I said that part of it was also that I felt guilty for what I would have to do today. Food made things hurt less, didn't it?