Ch. 19: Suspicions

*Third person POV*

Since Thomas, Teresa, and Gally found out about Y/n and Minho's relationship, there was much less tension in the air. Normally when Y/n would hang out Minho, there was always a bit of awkwardness, but considering their friends had found out, it was no longer there. Of course, sometimes they still felt uncomfortable when the couple would get a little too close, but they would get used to it eventually.

But regardless of the fact that three people already knew about their relationship, Y/n and Minho were still trying to be very careful in public. They couldn't risk being caught by anyone else, because who knows if they'd keep their mouths shut or not. Although, there were a few moments where having people in on it was an advantage, like today, for example.

When the couple had a close encounter with someone catching them, the other three were quick to come to their rescue. Alby was making an unannounced trip to the woods for whatever reason when Y/n was about to sneak out to meet Minho. She opened her door, which caught the attention of Alby, and he turned in her direction.

"Y/n? What are you doing up so late? And where are you going?"

"Umm...I-" she stuttered, trying to find an excuse.

"She was sneaking out to get us some food from the kitchen. Please don't be mad at her, it was my fault, I was kind of hungry." Teresa said coming out of the room. She'd overheard their conversation because y/n hadn't yet shut the door all the way.

"Yeah, sorry." Y/n let out a quick sigh of relief.

"You know you guys aren't allowed to sneak out after curfew. Especially to go steal food."

" I know, I know. Sorry." Y/n said.

"Look, I'll let you off this time, but it better not happen again. Got it?"

"Yep. Thanks. Goodnight." Y/n said quickly while going back inside and shutting the door.

"Uh...goodnight." He replied with confusion.

"Oh my gosh." Y/n said.

"I know. That was a close one."

"You're telling me. I'm not gonna be able to meet him tonight I guess." She said disappointed.

Meanwhile, Minho was sitting alone in the nap room waiting on y/n. Ten minutes passed, then thirty, then an hour. As each moment passed, Minho got more and more confused.

'Why would Y/n stand me up? Maybe I did something' he thought to himself. Then he thought again and realized he's done nothing wrong. His face dropped when he realized that she stood him up without cause. He slowly got up from his seat and headed back to his hammock for bed.

*the next morning*

"Hey Minho." Y/n greeted him.

Minho didn't even turn around to face her, still mad about last night.

"Hellooo. Minho did you hear me?" She said waving her hand in front of his face. He rolled his eyes before saying,

"Oh now you wanna talk."

"What? What's that supposed to mean I always wanna talk." She replied confused.