All The Way Up

Lilly POV

I rose early the next morning after my wonderful time with my husband to get a shower and put on a simple multi-color tie-dye, jean shorts, and an old pair of Adidas that I hoped to replace real soon. My vision was still crystal clear, and it felt like this was all a dream. It was a sense of revival as I sang and danced to the music roaring through my earbuds while actually being able to see my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

I cuddled up in the bed next to Marshall for a bit just staring at him. He looked peaceful lying on his side with the covers up around his chin. Soft, even breaths escaped his mouth which was open a bit as his body rose up and down in slumber. I stroked his face before leaning over to kiss his forehead and his arm flailed around to grasp my body and pull me to him.

"Hey." His voice was raspy with sleep, and he moved his hands over my clothes and to my freshly washed, damp hair. "You were already up, you sneaky asshole!"

We both laughed, "I gotta get going. I'm meeting Tessa at eight." I kissed his ear and bounced up out of the bed.

"Ok, go spend time with your daughter, but tonight I wanna take you girls out to a nice dinner."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, and wear something a little dressy. I made reservations."

"Wow Mr. Shady, you made reservations?" I bent down and kissed him.

"Yeah, but I gotta get my ass up too. I'm meeting LL in an hour." Marshall flung the blankets off, looked at his phone, and smiled.

I finished putting on a bit of makeup and made my way to leave.

"I'll see you in a bit honey. I love you."

He kissed me goodbye and then held me tight against him, "I love you baby. I'm so happy everything's different now."

~~~~~~~

Tessa and I met up at an organic food stand at Melrose and Fairfax flea market that Tessa told me I had to try.

"I'll have the vegetarian scrambler with avocado toast and a superfruit smoothie." Tessa ordered.

"And I'll just have a green juice." I told the friendly lady behind the counter and took out my wallet to pay.

"Mom, you're not eating?"

I shook my head no, "I'm saving my appetite for tonight. Marshall wants to take the two of us out to a fancy dinner."

"Fancy?"

"Tessa we're in LA, anywhere we go will be fancy."

We were handed our orders and began walking through the rows of handmade jewelry, antiques, furniture, and handcrafted goods. All the people in the crowds were happy and would smile and say, "good morning". I loved California! I was so grateful that I had gotten the chance to live here even if it only was for a few years.

"So, mom, speaking of dinner..."

I cautiously looked her over and recognized that she was about to ask me something objectionable.

"I was hoping you would have dinner with Dad and I before he leaves."

I scrunched up my face, "Are you joking? Why?"

"I don't know. I thought since I'm better now it would be nice to have dinner with both of my parents." She became embarrassed. "Ok, just forget it, I thought it might be nice."

"Honey, it's fine, I'll go. You caught me off guard, that's all. I'm going to talk it over with Marshall of course."

"Yeah, it'll be alright, Dad wont act obnoxious or anything."

I scoffed, "Yeah right." I said sarcastically.

"I'll make sure he's on his best behavior. Ya know he quit drinking?"

"Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it."

"Mom!" Tessa groaned.

"Tessa, I'm sorry. I don't have a friendly relationship with your father, I feel some type of way about him. But I'll do it for you." I said as we stopped to check out some clothing and Tessa held a dress up to her body to gage sizing.

A stand about fifty yards away caught my eye. I stared in the distance and took two giant steps forward to get a better view of the goods.

"Oh shit!" I ran to the stand of my dreams. Sneakers!!

Tessa followed me to the stand as I greeted the seller and started looking for what I wanted. I picked up the pair of Yeezy's and held them in the sunlight. Then I snatched the Jordan's and turned them over to examine the soles.

"These are real." I said under my breath to my daughter. "They're all real."

"Mam, I have some lovely sandals over here that you might like. Or maybe a pair of running shoes?" The fellow sneakerhead told me.

"Nah, I don't want sandals. I want about ten pairs. I'd take more, but I can't carry that much."

"Oh ok, well what were you thinking?"

"I'll take all six pair of Yeezy's and give me the Air Force One's, Jordan's, and the Dunks. Throw in that Gucci bag too. You take Cash App?"

"Of course."

"Would you do everything for $4000? Here," I reached in the secret compartment in my purse. "I have $1500 in cash and I'll Cash App you the rest."

"I get the feeling you've done this before." He said and we all laughed. He looked me over intently. "Hey, can I ask you something? Are you married to Marshall Mathers?"

I stared at him with a convincing expression of confusion plastered on my face. "Who the hell is Marshall Mathers?"

"Ya know, Eminem."

My eyes widened "Oh, like the rapper guy? No, definitely not."

Tessa had to quickly walk away as she was fighting to contain her laughter.

"I saw on Twitter that he's supposedly married again to this pretty sneaker girl and she kinda looks like you."

"That's crazy! No, it's not me. I'd never date a rapper."

I completed the transaction and the guy put the sneakers into two huge bags. Tessa and I immediately carried them to the car to be safely hidden in the trunk.

"That was hilarious." My daughter finally snickered. "So, mom, you just roll around with $1500 in your purse?"

"Yep! This is a cutthroat business. You must always have cash on you just in case you find yourself in situations like this. It isn't the greatest come up, but I'm back in the game!"