6. you get lost in a venue 🏃🏽

this was your first time ever traveling the world, let alone going on a tour because you were in a band. yes, you were in the band. you had finally bullied aiden enough to quit playing piano for lewis so that you could replace him.

just kidding. aiden didn't want to be MD and a member of the band at the same time, as the work was starting grow along with the rise of lewis' success.

but remember that little songwriting session you had with lewis? not long you first met each other? well, it worked out. lewis thought you were really talented, and when the position for a new piano player opened up, lewis immediately wanted you to do it.

you were over the moon to get to be a musician professionally, and just as excited to spend more time with your boyfriend, rather than going months on end without seeing each other while he was touring.

you all had arrived in munich earlier this morning and were getting the stage setup for sound check. you absolutely hated sound check, because the guys felt this was the best time to goof around, and you couldn't disagree more.

you were standing behind the piano, waiting impatiently to move on to the next track. "everybody complains about sound check," you thought to yourself, "but if they didn't waste so much time we'd be done by now."

when you were finally done, it was time to break and everyone decided to do their own thing for the next hour or so. this arena was unique as the dressing rooms weren't exactly backstage, and it was a bit of a walk to get to them.

after refreshing yourself, you decided to go explore the rest of the venue. to see what cool features this concert hall had that others didn't. to see what the fans would see from different areas of seating. this was your favorite part about tour: getting to learn new things, and being alone.

you walked around almost the whole venue, stopping to look over the city from the highest point you could find. as you kept going, you got a text from lewis:

hey, are you close by? we're supposed to meet back up in the dressing rooms in 5

shit. you had completely lost track of time. you headed back in the direction that you were pretty sure you came from, walking as quickly as you could. you didn't want to be the one everybody was waiting on.

you headed down a few flights of stairs and rounded a corner, relieved to have made it back  at the last second. you opened the door, and were surprised to see it was completely empty.

this was not a dressing room.

it looked like a conference room of some sort. there were lots of tables and chairs, and a large screen in the middle of the back wall. you don't even remember coming by here as you were exploring, so now you were really lost. you texted lewis:

so i thought i was heading back to the dressing rooms and it turns out i wasn't. i'm at some conference room and i have no idea how to get back

you just started laughing to yourself, giddy that your band mates would be getting a taste of their own medicine. you couldn't wait to ask them how it felt to be held up when you guys had shit to do.

do you know where you are? what do the signs around you say? i'll try to find you
-
how did you even get lost?? this venue isn't that big!

you couldn't help but laugh more, thinking of lewis trying to navigate this place to find you. as smart as he was, lewis was not great with directions, which meant you two were probably going to be chasing each other around the halls and end up missing the show.

i know i'm on the first floor, so i shouldn't be too far from the dressing rooms. but i'm probably on the other side. i'm just going to start heading back

~

no, don't do that! i'm already on my way. stay where you are so that we don't get even more lost

just as you were thinking of a snarky reply, to remind lewis you were strong and independent and could figure this out, you bumped into something soft.

"lewis!" you exclaimed. you both stared at each other for a second before bursting into laughter.

"how in the hell did we end up like this?" lewis laughed. "we need a new rule: no wandering off by yourself. i can't believe i was out here trying to find you, i think i was about to get lost myself."

"which is why we need to head back now, before we forget where you came from," you reminded him.

lewis grabbed your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours. you two had a peaceful walk together, and it was a nice way to end your adrenaline-filled adventures.