2. you collaborate on a song 🎼

you had exchanged phone numbers with mr. capaldi as you departed at the bus stop, and he assured you he would be in touch again. "i've had a lovely time chatting with you," he said as he left. "it's so nice to be able to meet a new person during this whole shitshow of a year."

as you gazed out the window on your way home, you couldn't keep that silly little grin off your face. lewis was one of the most charming people you had ever had the pleasure of meeting, and he actually seemed interested in you!

it took everything you had to not completely fangirl. you didn't tell him this as you didn't want to seem like a self-interested fan, but you had JUST discovered his album and it had been on repeat for the last two weeks. luckily when you met lewis, you were able to push that aside and have a normal interaction with him. you didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

you arrived home and were greeted by your cat, popcorn, as you always were. it was so refreshing to meet a new person, and to actually have a meaningful conversation just instantly made your day better. you didn't want to set your hopes too high, but you were really looking forward to a text from lewis, preferably sooner rather than later. he seemed really interested in the work you had done on the piano at your performing arts school and said you guys should play some time together.

~~~

LC: hey, lewis here. i don't want to be a bother but you said you had recorded a cover of boulevard of broken dreams, yeah? if you wouldn't mind sending me the link i'd love to watch it
-
LC: only if you want to of course, if you'd rather me fuck off i wouldn't blame you

you saw TWO messages from lewis pop up on your phone, and you couldn't believe it. just yesterday you got his number and now he's asking to check out your music. "as if i could ever measure up to him," you briefly thought to yourself.

oh thanks for reminding me haha, just give me a minute to find it
-
i have a couple other pieces posted on my instagram if you want to check those out while you're waiting
-
shit that sounded like bad self promo, but i really do post covers on there lol
-
okay here's the link

you felt like an ass because you just quadruple texted lewis and unintentionally promoted your instagram, but you didn't care. he got himself into this mess.

LC: oh don't worry about it, that's actually class cause you have some good stuff posted on there x

you couldn't believe what you just read. he said he liked! but did he really like it? or was he just saying it to be nice?? you couldn't calm the butterflies in your stomach. lewis had been so nice to you, and to have another musician complement your work was one of the greatest feelings ever.

wow thank you so much!! it's such a vulnerable feeling to put that stuff out there but to get a complement from someone who knows what they're talking about makes it worthwhile

LC: are you busy next weekend? i'm meeting with a friend to write the music for a song we've been working on and it would be class to work with you especially because we're both shit at piano 😂
-
LC: again this is only if you're comfortable with that, i can fuck off now if you want to. actually i think i will as i've bothered you enough

"holy. shit." you thought to yourself. "i just got asked by a professional musician to work on a song?! wait, does that mean he's working on another album?? AM I GOING TO HEAR SOME OF HIS NEW MUSIC?!? you actually couldn't believe what was happening. barely a week of knowing this guy and he wants to write music with you.

i have to work saturday morning but besides that i can! unless you're traveling somewhere like to london? in which case i'll just call in because fuck that job anyway

LC: hey, you made one of the best birthday cakes i've had all year! the world needs you
-
LC: no we're meeting just outside edinburgh so i can pick you up after work. actually buzzin to get this thing going x

you fell asleep with the biggest smile on your face that night.