He saw his mini-me happily giggling in bed where she was sleeping and smiled. Oh, he was going to survive all right. Only because of his little girl, the ruler of his heart. He walked up to his Sleeping Beauty and smashed a hard kiss on her cheek making her babble a streak of gibberish words, which just made her look so much cuter. And he'd be damned if it didn't make him smooch another kiss on her forehead.

He went downstairs and greeted his mom with a kiss on her cheek. The three of them—Savannah, Zac and their baby girl—still stayed at the Villa. His wife had insisted that they stayed with his family. She didn't ever want their kids to feel left out like she had. It was one of the few things she'd asked of him and he'd happily agreed. After all, he understood where she was coming from. It was still one of her biggest fears that she couldn't be the kind of mom their kids deserved to have, even after she'd proven to be the best mom he'd ever seen—besides his mom, obviously—in just two years.

"Where's my granddaughter, Zac?" his mom asked.

"She's still sleeping. She woke up last night. Turns out she likes her dad's arms better than the cozy pillows in her crib."

"Of course she does. She's a daddy's girl all right."

"Damn straight she is. But, well, it does work two-way though. If she's obsessed with me, so am I. You know better than anyone how big of a soft spot I have for her."

"Oh, believe me, I do. That tiny little thing has you wrapped around her even tinier little finger."

"That she does." He smiled. "Where's dad?"

"He's...somewhere. I don't know. But I am sure he is waiting for Li'l Miss Sifton to wake up just as eagerly as I am. Oh Lord, how she has us all whipped."

Zac laughed, then pressed another kiss to his mom's forehead. He proceeded to pour a cup of tea for himself. Yes, tea. Savannah had put a limit on his caffeine consumption, and he'd obliged without a question. Well, it was, indeed, common knowledge that his wife was the next person to have him whipped. So, tea it was.

He felt his mom's steady gaze on him. "What?"

"It feels so good to finally see you this happy and content, my boy. I always wondered if you'd ever settle down. With how you lived your life, the girls, the clubbing, the workaholism. It made me so worried for you. Everyday when I wake up these days, and see your bright face and smiling eyes, I feel at peace, knowing you finally have both the things you fought so hard for."

"Yeah, yeah. I get what you mean. And I am really happy and content with my life right now. Having Savannah as my wife and this beautiful girl that we made together, it's all I've ever wanted, I know that now."

As Zac stood against the kitchen counter, sipping his tea, Stella walked into the kitchen, yawning. "G'mornin' ev-one."

"You sure you awake yet?" he asked her.

"Pretty much."

"Well then. What are your plans for today?"

"Diego is taking me out on a brunch date. He'll be here around ten-ish."

Of course Indigo, who went by Diego, by the way, was taking her out on a date. Her boyfriend pissed the hell out of Zac. His name was Indigo, for fuck's sake, what more justification was needed?

"You mean Indigo is taking you out?"

"Zac," she said sternly, "you have to stop being so standoffish about him. He is my boyfriend, you know."

"Believe me, I do. You don't have to remind me of it. But, that doesn't mean I have to like him."

Zac mainly had two reasons for disliking Indigo. One, he was his sister's boyfriend. That was pretty self-explanatory. Two, he was Scottish. Which meant his quasi-Scottish accent somehow never failed to remind Zac of Jaspe' Payne—and his British accent—for whom Zac's hatred had yet to simmer down.