Accalia's stomach turned as she speed up, booking it down the road at a rapid pace as she tried to fight every second drifting by.

If time wasn't in her side, nothing else would be, not even Cadence's chance of survival if Lycus was doing what Accalia imagined.

Accalia couldn't help but believe it though, that Lycus would stoop this low in kidnapping Cadence just to provoke her. He knew it would work and would trace Accalia back to him instantly.

Only this time, Accalia gripped her stealthy dagger harshly on her thigh and counted Lycus's hours for this. He'll pay for it. All of it.

She didn't care if she was walking into his arms and a death trap, as long as she got Cadence out of it.

Nearly an hour waned on when Accalia crossed an invisible border that carved the woodland to look bleaker. She was surprised she memorised when to cross the border, but a huge dirt track that had a 'do not enter sign' posted by the side of the road seemed to engage a knowing instinct in Accalia's head.

The sign was designed for humans and hopefully, they'd be cautious as another sign read: trespassers will be shot at.

Accalia frowned at that, how amusing it came across to her eyes. More like getting their throat ripped out for trespassing and hearts torn out from their chest.

Perhaps that will become of her fate as she drove on. Each tree she passed, a nervousness spiked but was replaced with her reasons for coming back. Once she sighted the lights leading up to the Fenris manor, Accalia felt her pulse jolt and head throb with eagerness. There was always this conflicting opposition writhing within her.

Lycus's pack contained many lycans and werewolves, all that had homes dotting across the woodland and creating the area to be a small town of some sort. But it was Lycus's creation, he's the maker of this empire and ruler of it all.

A lycans home is important and valuable to them, whether that's a man-made home or a cave, they always cater to it. They're naturally territorial beings, some quite possessive but no less protective of their items.

Is that what I am to him? An item? Accalia shoved the questions into the back of her head as she came up to his driveway and parked the car before getting out.

The air nipped at her skin and she clutched the dagger by her side, the palms of her hands growing clammy with sweat.

Swallowing her fear, Accalia stalked down the gravel driveway and didn't think to look back as she made her way up to Lycus's front door.

What if there are other Alphas here still? Probably passed on by Lycus's hands ... Accalia felt ill even thinking it.

There was no sound to meet her ears, not his clear sounding voice or the resilient tone of his brother, Gabriel.

At least Gabriel will get his car back, Accalia thought.

Accalia wrapped her hand around the doorknob and found it be to unlocked. She frowned. Maybe he wanted this, to carve out this path for Accalia to walk on for his twisted reasons but she couldn't turn back, not now, not when Cadence was within reach and a defining chance to slay the beast.

Pulling the door open, she stepped inside and made her presence quite welcome when it slammed shut behind her.

It was dark inside, beside the gleaming moonlight straying in through the windows and as Accalia walked on, an inviting fire blazed away in the living room. Still, no soul was in sight beside hers.

Accalia wondered if this would be her final day. She wouldn't meet the following morning, the sun to wake her up and ease her out of rest. She'd never see her family again, never hear their voices and taunts. Lycus would be the one to end her, the typically battle amongst lycans and hunters. As it should be. As it always will be.