It was the sound of a door being flung open that jolted Roxy awake

It was the sound of a door being flung open that jolted Roxy awake. Isaac! After checking over a sound asleep Cleo, she made her way to the bars at the sound of hurried footsteps. She watched with curiosity when a small and skinny figure bustled towards the cell caging the witches. At the woman's arrival the three witches rushed towards the gate, throwing their slim arms through the bars.

'Evanora! Have you come to tell us we're finally free?' cried one of the witches. She looked to be of Arabic descent with long glossy dark hair, olive skin and large amber eyes. The dress she wore was plum with a matching shayla lined with golden stitching. Out of the witches she was the most beautiful. It was hard to believe she was such an evil creature.

'Only one more night, my sisters,' said Evanora. Long blonde hair cascaded down to her waist over the navy blue cloak she wore over her dress. With her back to them, Roxy could only imagine she'd look as youthful and beautiful as the others. The rogue Isaac had imprisoned hadn't been lying. So you're the one helping ruin our lives.

'But we've been in here for years!' wailed the witch wearing dark red. Being of Asian descent, her skin was porcelain white, almost glowing, and her jet-black hair cascaded over her shoulder in a matted braid.

'There's no point telling her, Allegra. While we've been down here being treated like rats, she'd been upstairs wining and dining with Abaddon. It would not at all surprise me if they were courting one another as she's fooled around with all of his guards since we got to this God forsaken place,' said the smallest witch wearing green. She shared the same hair as Evanora, her skin a lilac white and her wide blue eyes framed by thick lashes. Were they...

'Now, now, my baby sister.' Evanora moved along the cell to the small witch, confirming Roxy's suspicions. As if sensing that she was being thought of, the witch turned around to look at her with a face that matched the small witch. A smug smile was on her rosy lips. 'Now that we have caught them, Abaddon will want to start the breeding, then we will be free. Just like the old days.'

Leaving the witches behind, Evanora walked over to Roxy's and Cleo's cell. She was the image of perfection – in much better condition than her poor sisters. Long slim legs were shown by her sashaying walk through the split in her skirt, her posture perfectly straight with confidence. Roxy's eyes zeroed in on the chunks of colourful crystals dangling from a leather band between the pushed-up breasts in her corset. She felt her blood drain cold when Evanora smiled at her like a cat who got the cream. 'Recognise something, Roxy?'

'You took those from Miss Octavia.' Roxy's voice was barely a whisper. 'What did she ever do to you?'

Evanora threw her head back and cackled, a sound which sounded odd coming from such a beautiful woman. 'Oh, you stupid girl! These are my crystals! Oh, I know why you're confused! I'm in the wrong clothes!'

Roxy watched with wide eyes when the beautiful woman transformed into the speciality class teacher; blonde waves grew into bright red, her slim figure grew into wide curves and her eyes softened from their evil glare to ones of a nurturing teacher. The clear crystal which had been glowing around her neck dimmed as the transformation finished. She'd been possessing the real Miss Octavia this entire time? Roxy thought of how odd the teacher could be, Kayla had made a comment about it on her first day. The way she spoke of werewolves like they were disgusting and so highly of witches despite the horrid things they'd done to wolves. How she would sometimes forget the students' names or be unresponsive to her own name. Because her name wasn't Miss Octavia.