12 ~ Loving

Alessandro

I knew nothing in my life will be simple. Not was getting Milla to trust me and love me. But I still made it.

I arranged a date for us. It's been a month since everything happened and it's her eighteen birthday. I will propose to her. It may seem early but at least I want to deepen our promises.

I finished the last bit of my work and left my office. I ordered one bouquet of white roses and I've been keeping the ring with me for a few days now. I was feeling nervous.

But she has no choice. She must say yes because she promised me.

I got into my car and started driving. The ride to her house was short and as on cue, she opened the front door. Her dress was simple but looked so gorgeous on her. Everything looked nice when she wore it.

"Hey, Sandro." She smiled and kissed me. I sometimes forgot that she became very bold. There was no longer a shy girl I met for the first time. I liked it.

"Well, isn't this my beautiful queen? Happy birthday." I said and handed her the roses.

"Thank you. But cut the thing. I'm hungry. Where are we going?" She said, pulling the seatbelt.

"I should have known that. You'll see." I smiled. I was planning to take her to the restaurant where we first met.

When we arrived, she gasped silently and smiled before smashing me in a hug. I knew it would make her happy and I am glad I remembered to do this.

"I love you so much for this." She smiled.

"I love you more. Let's go inside." I said, taking her hand.

The receptionist took us to our table where red wine already waited. The lights were not too bright but enough to create the atmosphere we needed.

"Do you already know what will you order?" The water asked.

"Salmon with salad." I and Milla said at the same time. She looked at me and smiled.

"Do you like everything?" I asked.

"I do, Alessandro. If that includes you. You look very handsome tonight. What's the occasion?" She asked me. I gulped nervously. She already knew something is up. Smart woman.

"Why do you think something is up? It's your birthday after all." I said.

"Well, you seem quieter than usual and I could say rather nervous."

"You know me too well, baby.  How will I hide anything from you?" Did joked. I knew I would never hide anything from her because trust is what keeps our relationship strong. Well, except now that I was gonna propose.

"I hope you are not hiding anything from me because I will find it out sooner or later." She said seriously.

"This will be the last thing I will be hiding. Just think of it as a surprise after we dine." I said. She narrowed her eyes at me. She was curious as hell but wouldn't tell me.

The rest of the dinner was quiet with small chit-chatting here and there, but I knew what she was thinking about.

"You know that I think about our relationship very seriously. I cannot imagine myself without you anymore. So I've been thinking a lot, Milla. And I want us to deepen our relationship. We will take it slow but I want to make this first step." I explained.

"Alessandro, you know I love you. And anything that you tell me, I will happily listen to. I will be here for everything. But I'm a bit confused with what are you saying." She said. I took a deep breath and got up from the chair.

I stood next to her and kneeled on one knee. Her hand flew to her mouth fast. Her deep green eyes were now glossy and her cheeks got red.

"Will you marry me, Milla? We don't have to rush. It doesn't have to be now, but will you marry me one day?" She hastily nodded her head and threw her arms around me.

"I will marry you, Alessandro. I love you." I smiled, feeling so accomplished with her words. I was happy to have her by my side.

I put the ring on her finger as she admired it with pride. I found her. My soulmate.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting. One more to go.