Just Call me "Peaches" (pic of Sam)

Start from the beginning

Brent and Nate began talking about the party and which hot girls were most likely to show up. Not caring to join in on their conversation, I leaned backed into couch, my head on the headrest. Closing my weary eyes, an image of Kayli’s face popped into my mind. Having never been so close to her before, I discovered things I didn’t know.

She had a few light freckles across her nose, her lashes were so dark and full, outlining her mesmerizing blue eyes. But they weren’t just blue as I had previously thought, but had small flecks of green in them. When she smiled nervously, a small dimple appeared on her right cheek, so faint that if you weren’t paying attention you wouldn’t have noticed.

And the way she smelled, it was a mixture of peaches and a light floral scent. My mind began replaying the almost kiss, how her warm breath blew across my face, how here eyes fluttered closed when my lips were so close to hers, the way she bit her lip almost as if in anticipation. A small moaned escaped my lips and my eyes shot open as Brent and Nate’s conversation abruptly stopped. They both were giving me inquisitive looks, while I tried to focus my attention on anywhere but their probing eyes.

“Daydreaming there buddy?” Nate asked, cocking his head sideways, a small grin playing on his lips.

“Um yeah, something like that” I said, wanting to drop the subject.

“Someone I know?” Brent asked, eyeing me challengingly, almost daring me to try to lie to him.

“As a matter fact you do, your Mom” I said, an nervous laugh escaping my mouth.

“Haha, very funny” Brent replied, shaking his head in disgust.

“Hey man don’t hate on Sam, the Reed women are hot. Speaking of hot, where is your sexy little si..” Nate said, not being able to finish his sentence as both me and Brent smacked him on the back of the head.

Smack!

“Oww man, no need to get violent” Nate said, rubbing the back of his head with a pained expression on his face.

Brent and I both snickered, Nate knows better then to talk about Kayli that way in front of us. Nate had a scowl on his face, clearly not amused, which only made us laugh harder.

“Okay guys, I get it I’m funny, so what’s the game plan for tonight?” he said, obviously wanting to change the subject.

“Well I plan on getting piss drunk tonight!” I said, determined to get my mind off of Kayli, at least for one night.

“Great, that just leaves more ladies for me!” Nate smirked.

“Well I plan on getting some sympathy from the ladies tonight and being fawned over” Brent said, moving his eyebrows up and down suggestively.

I wanted to laugh because I knew he wasn’t the so-called player he pretended to be. Nope, Brent Reed has been in love with the same girl for years, Amy Grace. You could say that’s what made us such good friends, besides soccer, we were both madly in love with someone who didn’t have a clue. The only difference was is that I knew I didn’t have a shot of being with Kayli, that’s why I date a lot. Every relationship I get involved with, I’m secretly hoping they will help me forget about her, but in the end they can never hold a candle to her.

Just then the doorbell rang, I hopped off the couch to open the door. A flood of people came in, some carrying alcohol and a guy even brought a sound system. I waved them all in, greeting everyone that I knew. A hot blonde brushed by me, giving me a flirtatious wink. Yep, this party is exactly what I needed.

Kayli’s POV

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Charlie chided, while looking me and up and down from the doorway.