Chapter - 24 What the bloody -

Start from the beginning

"Seat belt." He warned whilst buckling up his own.

"Did you really see someone?" I murmured, staring at him, right after his car roared to life.

His hand was propped up on the ledge of the window and the other was on the steering wheel. He forked his hair before glancing at me.

"I did." He sighed and so did I.

Why can't people leave us for once ? Why are they on a constant hurry to wipe us off the existence ?

I was cent percent sure that they didn't who I was, yet and it would be better if it stays that way. Atleast it would buy me some time to think on how to protect his majesty once there will be an out break of war.

"You wanted to tell me something, your majesty?" I said fidgeting with my jacket.

"Do- do you ofter carry your dagger?"

"Yeah, pretty much all the time and I have noticed that you do too. But I believe, you didn't just want to ask me about my dagger."

"I -" he started but stopped.

"I, um - I am..." And it happened yet again.

"Fuck! Just say it Dari. Why is it tough ? Just tell her man. Okay! Just. Say. It. " I heard him murmer to himself.

Damn my sensitive hearing.

I tried to hide my smile as I heard him say it to himself once more.

Was he nervous ? Maybe. But why ?

On a slow note, my hand reached his, which was resting on his thigh. My palm tingled, with the very contact of his palm. I felt his protuding veins under my touch. His hand shivered as I caressed it with my thumb.

Hell, even I was shocked at my own gesture.

"You can tell me, your majesty." I said expectantly.

He looked at me as he gulped.

"I - "

Something on the road caught my eye from the side and I was quick to avert my gaze off him, onto the road ahead.

"Your majesty!! The road!!" I yelled as he stopped the car abruptly on my caution.

"What the bloody hell?" His majesty grumbled.

A man stood right infront of the car. I kept staring at him in pure horror and disbelief.

His skin was pale like the ghost while his haywire messy brown hair fell onto his forehead. He had his eyes wide open as he stared at us.

His presence was enough make me feel sad, gloomy and I knew he was one of the night creatures that fed on fear and sadness.

They are the mares, just like the nightmares.

"Wait here, let me check." His majesty said unbuckling his seat belt as I stopped him.

"No! Don't." I gripped his arm. "I will go."

"But, it's dangerous for you to go."

"So it is for you. But If he tries anything, I can use the powers or even my dagger." I said. He still looked unconvinced but however he nodded.

"If he tries anything, then I'm coming."

"Okay." I smiled, slipping out of the car.

I slowly approached him. As I neared him, I felt the cooling sensation yet again. My mood started to get sad, gloomy as all my childhood memories ran ahead of me in a span of seconds.