Five

You don't understand why you are crying right now, maybe it is because you are traumatized.

Or maybe it is the fact that your new parents are cannibalistic vampires.

Celeste has her arms wrapped around you, trying to calm down your trembling figure, as she lays beside you on the bed, having you lay in her embrace.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry you had to see that" Achilles rolls his eyes at his wife's soft attitude.

"Why were you awake in the first place? you should have been sleeping" the dark-haired vampire sneers.

You stay silent for a moment before deciding to speak up.

"Am I going to become like you two when you turn me?"

The question made your father narrow his eyes at you.

"No, you don't have to be like us, you can only survive on blood" you let out a relieved sigh at your mother's answer.

"But you will be weak, vampires who survive only on blood are the weakest" Achilles adds leaning back in the chair beside your bed.

"I don't care, I won't ever eat human flesh," you say, pulling away from Celeste.

"You might change your mind, who knows" Achilles mocks, long down at his long nails.

"Don't worry we won't ever hurt you, sweetheart" Celeste says before kissing your forehead.

A smirk appears on Achilles' face, as his gaze returns to you.

"Of course, unless you do something to make us eat you" he teases.

Achilles is joking, however, his wife didn't take his joke lightly.

"Achilles, that's not the time for your cruel jokes"

The vampire general rolls his eyes and places himself on the edge of your bed.

"I want you to know one thing, (Y/n)" you are surprised at how his expression softens.

"Vampires do not harm them, actually I and your mother would sacrifice the world for you" he leans closer.

"I would never kill you, but I don't mind killing for you, darling"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

The next day, Celeste decided to take you to the book club she attends every week.

Achilles argued with her to leave you at home with him, but she assured him that you need some fresh air.

The moment you see your mother's friends, you start to get nervous when you realize that those women also brought their children also with them.

'Great, more socializing'

"You must be Celeste's daughter, (Y/n), indeed you match your mother's description, a beautiful little girl"

You smile shyly at the red-haired woman, while your mother beams, placing her hands on your shoulder, smiling proudly.

"Indeed, I'm so lucky to be her mom"

You don't know why...but you felt warm.

You never experienced having a mother, as she died giving birth to you and you know nothing about your father.

"Well, go choose a book and sit over there"

A dark-haired woman who looks to be in her early thirties cuts in harshly.

And it seems like you are not the only one who dislikes the woman because your mother is also displeased by her words.

"I think you are not the one to decide that for my daughter, Fiona" Celeste spats.

Feeling the upcoming tension, you obey hoping not to cause any trouble.

"It is alright mother, I would love to make friends with the others"

Celeste wants you to stay by her side, but arguing with you right now is not a good move.

You pick up a random book without seeing the title before hurrying towards the group of teens who watch you.

The group consists of one boy and six girls, the boy grins at you while the girls narrow their eyes at you.

The boy is the same one you saw at the temple.

Honestly, his prettiness puts all the female population to shame.

You thought about turning around and leaving but he stops you.

"What a nice book you have here, the name's Rene Sage" he introduces himself.

"Thank you, I quite like that book, (Y/n) Hills" you reply with a gentle smile.

The girls surrounding Rene look freaked out after seeing the book in your hand.

You realize why they are scared once Rene speaks up again with a teasing smile on his face.

"One hundred ways to torture victims is a quite brutal book, don't you think that, (Y/n)"