Pool

mentions of body dysmorphia

It was a warm LA day and all of your friends decided to go out to the pool and have a pool party. Everyone thought it was a great idea but the thought of it made you sick, you never really had gotten super comfortable with your body and  seeing all your other friends made you really body conscious.

Vinnie had noticed you and asked if you were ok, a note of concern in his voice. "I'm fine" you said and decided not to do anything further until the party.

day of the party...

Everyone was out, in and around the pool, playing games, socialising and blasting music having a great time whereas you on the other hand felt like crying at any minute. You had decided not to get in the water and where a shawl over your 2 peice swimsuit because you felt so body conscious in the moment. You were taken out of your thinking when you heard vinnie talking to you.

"Hey are you ok?" vinnie said. Even though you didn't wanna hide it from him you didn't wanna feel like a burden and just shook your head, your realise he wouldn't fall for these and then he took you away from the main part of the pool to talk.

He asked what was wrong again and you finally told him how you were feeling.

"Oh baby" he said, feeling empathetic and slid his arms around your waist, firmly hugging you. Feeling relived to as he didn't react negatively as you though he would, you hugged him back. He laid his head on yours (pretend your shorter than him or something) and you guys stood their for a good minute.

"You know what i wanna go in the pool" you said.
"Really?" said vinnie.
"Yeah, I mean we only live once can't spend our lives sulking can we" you said with a growing smile on your face.
"That's my girl" vinnie said taking your hand and walking to you pool.

The day ended on a high with a bonfire with your friends and a horror movie marathon (cheesy but whatever) everyone was happy and the day ended  as an overwhelming success.

kinda shorter but enjoy 😊