016 ▍a final gift just for you

Start from the beginning

"i feel bad for not doing anything to stop what crocodile is planning to this kingdom, there are many innocent people who are suffering—"

he cut you off with his hands that held both your shoulders making you flinch. "are you blaming yourself for knowing and that you can't do anything about it? if you're, please don't be. you've been doing anything you can to sustain most of the citizens here in alabasta."

you bit your lip, "kuro-kun." a nickname made only for him and only for you to use, this made all the noise in the background disperse as if the two of you were in a different dimension, everything around became distorded, pastel color painted the area. "do you think this kingdom. . . will be saved in time?"

you asked, looking down at the map, not realizing you've been clenching the edges you're holding.

snapping out of your thoughts as you felt a hand pat your head, ruffling your hair softly not wanting to be stabbed by your pin.

as you look up, you were greeted with smiles, smiled from five of you crew members— your friends, your family, nakama. eyes widen, lips agape. biting your lower lip before smiling back at them.

"don't worry, [name]! this kingdom will surely be saved."

a pyramid with an alligator on top, you don't even know how to describe the casino, it's as weird as the owner.

with a sigh, the five of you walked inside with the exemption of the journalist who is scouting the area for anything suspicious.

a female whom you knew very much greeted you five, asking to be followed towards the president's office.

"you're still working for him, huh? nico robin." kurose asked but more like stated.

the said female only smiled at him with a knowing smile. after walking for what felt like half an hour, you've finally reached the basement, where crocodile stayed.

the double doors opened, revealing the suited warlord who takes a long huff from his tobacco, the smoke lingering around the room.

as much as you hate the smell of smoke, you can't do anything about it, it's his life afterall. and all you can do is fan that damn smoke away from your comfort zone.

seeing your actions made crocodile chuckle, "right, i forgot you don't like the smell of smoke even though you also smoke once in a blue moon along with your right hand who tends to smoke on some occasion."

"oi, at least we have self control, you darned reptile."

not minding kurose'e remark, he only looked at you straight in the eye. "so what are you here for? [name], it's noon and you came to visit me, uncalled at that."

robin gestured you five to sit on the couches nearby to which you complied before leaving outside to grab the drinks she was asked to prepare earlier.

"nothing really, just wanted to see you before you end up in a cell in impel down." the statement you have said made him laugh, loud at that mocking every word that came out of your mouth.

"me? in a cell? in impel down?! that's the best jokes you've said to me so far." wiping a fake tear off the side of his eye. "if you've come here to say that then you can be on your merry way."

"i came here on a whim, i didn't have any plans to come here anyway i just did." with a snap of a finger, ume gave you a wine wrappee in a decorated cloth with prized jewels (rings) that secured that wrapping on the neck of the wine bottle.

"a final gift."

written this a few months agobut didn't post since i didnt have time to edit

but didn't post since i didnt have time to edit.

i hurriedly edited this so there still might be a few mistakes.

once again thank you for reading my books, very much appreciated T^T♡

a prosperous new year to all of you, (and i guess a belated christmas)

loves and kisses, moon.

edit:
ah yes hello,, still have 23 more activities pending lmaooo