Chapter 3

W I N T E R

Those recurring dreams, I remember it well, but this time it wasn't a dream, It was reality. After that faithful encounter with the one and only Karina Yoo, I couldn't help but slap myself sometimes and ask if it was real. I struggled to fall asleep that night and ended up looking like a mess in front of Aeri. She was completely surprised that she teased me because only a certain raven can make me feel this way. I thought she would stop with the teasing when I told her what happened that day. But no, she wouldn't stop. 

"Just when I was telling myself to get over you. You barged yourself in like what was the reason?" I whined at the sudden turn of events. What was the universe even thinking? Am I overthinking too much that I'm being delusional? 

My friends would tease me, joke around, poke me. Begging me to tell them more but I tell them that was it. I know they know that my thoughts of Karina never leave. It feels like more than a dream when my eyes dance around hers and I feel like I could stare all day. 

I'm now in the music room, hoping and praying Karina will not come inside because I don't think I'm ready to face her. I still find myself awestruck by her presence. Now that we're on our last year in uni, our schedules especially vacant time have led us to hang out more in the music room. Her sweet face, soft skin, her piercing eyes, and everything about her. I don't think I'd be able to handle it. 

I open the piano's fallboard to uncover the keyboard. I slide my hands through the keys before placing them on the starting notes to the song I have written to the one and only Karina. 

Title: Beautiful

Written by: KMJ

It's a beautiful life

I'll stay by your side

It's a beautiful life

I'll stand right behind you

beautiful love

If I am with you under this sky

I have to admit, I'm a hopeless romantic, I crave for love and affection. It may sound dramatic, but I want that strong connection. I want all the sweet and cheesy talks, the fun, and the attention. I want those long and peaceful walks. I want romance, that's for sure, to feel like home or in heaven.

Just breathing alone makes me happy

It's a beautiful life

beautiful day

I live in your memories

beautiful life

beautiful day

Stay by my side

I can't help but wonder if I'm going to have to live the rest of my life knowing every atom in my body longs for you. 

beautiful my love

beautiful your heart