48. Decisions to be Made.

Börja om från början

"Abeloni?" Y/N called his name timidly as she stepped out on the large balcony bathed in chilly moonlight. Looking at her feet she saw that the crown prince was sprawled on the stone floor and stirring from his slumber."How long have you been here?" She asked, bemused.

"Well, I was so excited to see you again that I came right after we spoke!"He admitted bashfully as he sat up and smiled at her sheepishly. "I was watching the ships sailing in and out of the bay, but I must have fallen asleep. So, why did you want to meet me here so late?" He questioned, placing his full attention on her.

"Well I," Y/N faltered, finding the intenseness of his gaze unnerving even if the dim light of the moon. "I wanted to know why you banned everyone from visiting me while I was in the infirmary?" She asked, trying to stay calm and not upset him.

"How-how do you know that?!" His teal eyes widened and he immediately grew more defensive as he got to his feet, an indignant expression on his handsome face.

"Do you think that I wouldn't have found out?!" Y/N snapped, irritated that he had the nerve to act like she was the one in the wrong when he had forbid all of the people she cared about from visiting her while she was recovering. "It's one of the first things Lady Cascia told me, after calming down from her hysteria."

"Well, I suppose it was foolish of me to think that you wouldn't know," He sighed, guilt quickly consuming and him as his posture sagged. He sighed and looked down at his hands, "I'm ashamed to admit it but the reason I forbid anyone visiting you was that I wanted to keep you all to myself. I would hope that my words and actions have made it clear that I am completely in love with you. Not a moment goes by that I don't think of you and you are even in my dreams."

Y/N was taken aback by the blunt way he said this, all while looking her in the eyes. She was still unsure about how his bold professions of love made her feel but couldn't bring herself to break his heart by rejecting him either.

"But, I don't even know if you like me, let alone love me..." He sighed, biting his lip as he finally expressed his inner anxiety and uncertainty as he turned his attention to the roiling black water of the bay fathoms below the balcony they stood on. "I just feel so elated when I'm with you that the thought of someone taking you away is absolutely terrifying. I know it's foolish, but as I gaze out at the sea I can't help the dreams and fancies that fill my head. If I were king and you were my queen we could take the fastest ship in the fleet and sail it to whatever adventure we desired... Together with no limits, just you and me." He smiled dreamily, lost in his daydream.

Now's my chance to kill him, kill the heir to the Luccian throne, but do I even want to kill him? Y/N thought, feeling as though time had stopped as she gazed at Abeloni's back as he leaned on the railing. I have dreamt for so long of avenging my people and making king Ilidoro suffer and now I have the golden opportunity. If I pushed him he would die, I could say it was an accident and because of the late hour, there are no witnesses to say otherwise. But what about Abeloni's dream? She hesitated, picturing the future he had described despite herself.

She bit her lip, oblivious to the fact that things had been quiet between them for much too long and that the silence was slowly filling with tension. He loves me and wants a future with me, but could I give him the future he wants? Her mind was racing and her heart began pounding as she tried to decide what she wanted most. I've spent my whole life running from love because of my past, but do I have to run anymore? I could take the queen's advice and leave behind my old identity and start living my life the way I want to... With no limits?

She took a deep breath and turned her attention to the crown prince, having come to a decision. "Abeloni I-" she began, clenching her fists to stop them from shaking.

"-It's alright," he interrupted her, forcing a bittersweet smile on his face as he was sure that she was rejecting his feelings at last. He kept smiling even though on the inside his heart was crumbling into nothing. "It was too bold of me to hope that you would feel the same as I do I-"

His eyes widened like saucers and his whole body froze as Y/N interrupted his heartbreak by pulling him close and placing her lips against his. She kissed him under the moonlight, the murmur of the waves on the sand far below them the only sound to be heard. He was so shocked by the unexpected display of affection that by the time he regained his senses enough to begin kissing back she was already pulling away. "Abeloni, I love you." She told him, her E/C eyes gazing deeply into his.

A/N

Looks like Y/N has come to a decision and accepted Abeloni's feelings at last.

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~