32. Awkward Invitation.

The following morning Prince Abeloni hurried to finish his normal duties at such a rapid pace that it shocked those who had grown used to his recent lethargic state. He was abuzz with anticipation and excitement, using one of the romantic scenes in the book which he had studied meticulously the previous night as a reference he was going to try and replicate the scene with Y/N to see if it really was love that he felt for her, he only hoped that she would agree.

Once his precious half-hour of free time in the morning arrived he dashed out of the study where he was being tutored in economics. He darted down the halls as fast as he could, knocking into several servants on his way to lady Cascia's chamber.

He arrived outside and needed to stand there trying to regain his breath as he was quite winded. Even once he had recovered he still remained standing outside the door awkwardly for several minutes, trying to summon the courage to knock.

He finally raised his fist and tapped it against the wood, squeezing his eyes shut as he did so. "Lady Cascia it's Abeloni, my I come in?" He called through the door, announcing his presence.

The door was thrown open and he was almost knocked to the ground by the impact of his excitable cousin as she cried out his name "ABELI!" She quickly took hold of his hand and began dragging him into her chambers. "Oh, it's so good to see you! Come in come in! How've you been?! Would you like some tea?!" She pestered him.

Abeloni's head spun for a moment as he tried to process everything that she had told him. "Actually... I was wondering if I could speak with Y/N for a moment?" He said shyly, knowing full well that she was going to tease him to death overexpressing his interest in one of her ladies-in-waiting.

"Of course!" A wicked and devious smirk stretched Lady Cascia's face at the new fodder to bully her cousin before she darted across the room to where Y/N was changing the sheets on the bed. "Y/N come here, Prince Abeloni came here just to visit you isn't it romantic?!" She grabbed her by the arm and forcibly dragged her over to stand by Abeloni.

"Good day, Your Highness," she greeted him politely, curtsying out of habit.

Abeloni felt an unexpected twang in his chest at the formal way in which she addressed him. "Y/N... Am I going to have to ask you to call me by my name every time we speak..." He asked dejectedly, momentarily revealing the hurt he felt but he quickly cleared his throat and forced a smile. "No matter, I actually wanted to ask you something."

"Yes, what is it Abeloni?" Y/N tilted her head, curious about what he wanted to ask of her.

His throat tightened at the cute way that she cocked her head as she said his name and he had to clear it several times before he could speak. "I-I was wondering if you would maybe be willing to accompany me boating tomorrow?" His stomach was writhing with nervousness and he quickly added, "I understand if you choose to decline of course."

"I-I'm not sure, I've never been boating before,"  Y/N said truthfully, not liking the idea of going out over the water one bit. But if Abeloni fell overboard and drowned it would be the perfect way to get rid of the heir to the Luccian thrown, she thought realizing that she had found the perfect way to kill him and make it appear like an accident.

"Well thank you for your time," He nodded to her and turned on his heel to leave, holding his face in a stiff smile to keep the disappointment from showing. "Sorry to have imposed-"

"-Wait," Y/N called interrupting him and causing him to stop his quick strides towards the door of the elaborate bed-chamber. "I-I'd be honored to go if you want me to Your Highne- Abeloni," she corrected herself, wanting to get on his good side as much as she could so that she would have the best chance of killing him.

"Really?!" Abeloni practically squealed as he turned around to look back at Y/N with a big grin and twinkling teal eyes. He hurried to regain his composure and said in a much calmer tone, "I-I mean excellent, I will meet you down on the palace beach tomorrow morning then. Well, I should be on my way now so..." He awkwardly rambled before he eventually did a little bow and dashed from the chamber.

"OH Y/N!!" Lady Cascia squealed as soon as the door shut behind the handsome prince, nearly bursting Y/N's eardrums as she tackled her in a hug. "You're the luckiest girl alive you know that?! To have Abeli courting you so romantically, it's every woman's dream!" She gushed.

"C-Courting?" Y/N stammered, stunned. The crown prince couldn't seriously be courting her, she was just a lady-in-waiting to him.

"Of course!" The hyper lady rebuked her as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Didn't you see the way he was looking at you?! I've never seen him take interest in a woman the way he's interested in you, and we grew up together! Now come on you need to look gorgeous tomorrow, you can borrow one of my summer dresses!" She suddenly jerked Y/N in the detection of her large wardrobe.

"I-I really don't think this is necessary-" Y/N tried to protest, not wanting to make it seem like she was trying to impress the prince.

"OF COURSE IT IS!!!" Cascia sounded almost comically appalled. "I want you to look so breathtaking that he'll be the one to swoon!"

A/N

Cascia is totally doing everything in her power to ensure that her ship sails smoothly, that's for sure. ^~^

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~