34. Unsatisfying Confirmation.

It had been a long several weeks of work for the poor servant who Crown Prince Abeloni had ordered out into the Western sector of the city to try and find more information about Y/N. It had been incredibly hard going, but he was determined to not disappoint the prince again. Finally after asking around for a spinner named Y/N for days someone, at last, gave him directions to a closed spinners shop telling him that a girl named Y/N had worked there along with an older woman.

Once he arrived in the street he found the boarded-up shop with a sign hanging over the top that identified it to have been a wool shop when it was open. The servant hurried the dry goods stall next door and called out. "Excuse me," the couple stopped the sorting they had been doing and turned their attention to their visitor. Clearing his throat he asked, "I was wondering if you know anything about the women who used to run the wool shop next to you?"

"Oh yes! They were just so lovely and polite," The woman replied at once with a bubbly smile. "Y/N and Enicia were the best neighbors you could ask for." The servant let out a small breath of relief as he got confirmation that he had finally found what he was looking for.

"Why do you ask, they aren't in any kind of trouble are they?" The husband asked, placing a worried hand on his wife's shoulder.

"Oh no, nothing like that," he shook his head quickly to dispel their worries about the wellbeing of the two women. "I was just wondering if you know how long they ran this shop?" He clarified.

"Well, let's see," the shopkeeper rubbed his chin for several moments in deep thought before he finally answered, "They must have been here for about the last five years, just showed up out of the blue one day, no if idea where they came from before."

"I-I see," The servant stammered, hardly able to contain his joy knowing that he had finally gotten confirmation of Y/N and Enicia's past like the crown prince had asked. "thank you for your time!" He bowed to them before he darted away, eager to return to the palace.

. . .

"Y-your Highness!" The manservant shouted in joy that same day as he returned to the palace and burst into the study where he had been informed that the prince was spending his free time. "I have incredible news!"

"Is it urgent?" Abeloni said dismissively, not even bothering to look up at the doorway. His face held a scowl as he copied down information from the books piled around him, half of which were romance novels and the other half were medical journals. "This is my leisure time and I am quite busy at the moment."

"Y-Your Highness, it's me," He faltered, never in his memory had he been greeted so rudely by the prince. "you ordered me to gather more information about Y/N and Enicia's lives before entering the palace," he elaborated.

"Oh, it's you!" The prince did a double-take and his face broke into a tired grin as he saw his faithful servant. He quickly stood and ushered the man inside, abandoning his research into the feelings he had for Y/N along with her burns for the time being. "Do forgive my former rudeness, I'm afraid that I was so absorbed in my research that I didn't recognize you - please share all you've discovered." He ordered as he subconsciously straightened his somewhat disheveled appearance.

"Yes, Your Highness!" He replied at once, proud of all the information he had managed to acquire. "It took several weeks but I am proud to report that after several weeks of searching I managed to locate the shop that they used to run which was indeed a wool shop." He confirmed the story that the prince had heard from Enicia.

"I see," The prince nodded as he began pacing back and forth before the windows in his office. "Continue." He commanded his head buzzing as he waited for more information.

"I-I also spoke with the shopkeepers next door who told me that the ladies were very polite and civilized," He said, somewhat taken aback by the crown prince's abrasive tone. "they said that the two women ran the shop for five years-"

"-What about their lives before that?" He interrupted sharply.

"They said that they didn't know anything about their past before they arrived in the city five years ago..." The servant replied regretfully.

"I see... That means that all the information you have gathered is completely useless to me!" Abeloni snapped, his rage very apparent as his head snapped around and he glared at the manservant. "The whole story they tell is nothing but a clever con, I see that now."

"S-Sire," he took a step back, trembling from witnessing this unfamiliar aggression in the prince.

"You may return to you're normal duties, I have no further need for your assistance with this matter," The heir to the Luccian throne said coldly as an eerie calm overtook him as he looked back out the windows. "I will investigate Y/N myself."

"Sire if I may be so bold as to ask," his voice trembled despite himself as he asked the question that had been on his mind ever since he had first been ordered to look into Y/N. "Why are you so interested in Y/N's past? She is only a servant after all-"

"QUIET!" Abeloni suddenly screamed and before he could even finish asking his question he had turned from his spot at the window and lunged forward. Before he could react the prince had pinned him to the wall and had his hand wrapped around his neck. "You want to know the reason why, it's because... I love her." He hissed in his ear.

"And know that I will end you myself if you breathe a word of this to anyone," Abeloni growled, his eyes crazed as he realized his hold on the servant's throat and allowed him to drop to the floor. "Now get out of my sight!!" He ordered sharply

A/N

Abeloni... Your Yandere is beginning to show

Until next time I'll see you on the other side

~J. C. Coltt.~