Chapter 11

The hunger remained in me but I hesitated this time. For the past few days, he didn't allow me to feed on anything and tonight, he was letting me feed on him. Why?

"Don't make me change my mind." He hummed, closing his eyes and waiting for me.

I stepped in with caution and neared him till our bodies were almost touching. He didn't move, nor flinch when I placed my hand over his shoulder. My eyes didn't leave his face. I waited for something—a move from him. Maybe this was a trick to stab me with a stake. Who knew? I searched through his hands and pockets to find a stake but there was nothing.

A pounding grew in my chest and I stood on my toes before exposing my sharp fangs. Still nothing. Maybe I was overreacting. If he wanted to kill me, he would've already—without a thought. I needed blood right now and that was exactly what I was going to get.

I shut my eyes tight and set aside my worries before sinking my teeth into his neck. He didn't make a sound, instead he grabbed my hair tight. The slightest drop of his blood descending down my throat awakened my soul. It tasted wonderful, just as Cain's.

Mouth gaping, I continued to drink, greedily swallowing up as much as I could, knowing that I wouldn't get a chance as this ever again. My body feasted upon every drop of his blood. It was like giving a starved person some delicious, ever-lasting food.

I moaned out of pleasure.

"Oh, darlin', that sounded wrong." Knox whispered before pulling me away with my hair. His other hand came up, grabbing my throat as I licked the last of his blood from my lips. "Terribly wrong." A vicious growl tore through him as he slammed me against the wall and trapped me. His eyes turned feral and his mouth came down to almost touching me. "You better start running back to your room before I take my turn and do much worse."

My heart began to ache and my breathing became ragged.

His hands slipped away from my hair and neck for only a second. I took his threat and sped out of the room before he tried to kill me—or something else. I was unaware of what it exactly meant.

But his words kept my curiosity awake the entire time.

I waited for a few minutes and in those minutes, I heard growls of frustrated male-wolf tearing through the estate. Everything inside me quaked. I didn't return to my room. I stayed outside, waiting for the storm to be over.

From the corner of my eyes, I watched Cain stepping entering the same room where Knox was. Upon seeing his presence, I went closer and put my ears against the wall to understand what went wrong.

"She fed from you?" Cain asked his brother. "What's new? The attraction is right there, pulling us in." He let out a small chuckle.

"I was so fucking close to ripping her open right here and taking her." Knox growled loudly, making me wince from afar.

My eyes shot wide open. What? I couldn't see either of them as the door to the lounge room was close but I could hear them as I was standing right outside, feeding my curiosity and it was fed. He didn't want to kill me, clearly.

"Oh, she must be traumatized then." He continued with his sarcasm.

"It's not a fucking joke, Cain."

"All right, all right," He stopped with it. "Just find your control. We cannot do that. Not a vampire, Knox, not a fucking vampire. That's against our morals and you have to remember that always." His brother said.

My lips parted and I uncurled my fists. I remained curious and a little terrified of what happened. When I first bit Cain, he did nothing as such but when I bit Knox and fed on him, he changed into this whole different person. It was just a bite. I didn't even overdo it as I did with many other people. There was no lulling or seducing involved.

"That isn't helping." I could hear one of them pacing around in circles, ramming their feet into the grounds repeatedly. "You have to get rid of her or I'm going wreck every inch of that fucking vampire."

My thoughts clouded as I tried to make sense of his words. When it struck me, I gasped and then ran out of the area as quickly as I could.

I needed to leave.

Or stay.

Just as I almost reached my room, my name echoed through the walls and I froze on my steps. "Candice!" It was Cain. I turned around and found him walking up the stairs with a rather stern expression over his features.

Shit.

"I'm sorry," My hands flew in the air, protecting myself. "I just drank a little. I did nothing else. And he offered s—so I did it otherwise I wouldn't have." My words stumbled upon each other but they finally came all out.

"It's okay. No one's punishing you." He came up to me and said, his voice low with sleep. "Just don't leave your room as I asked you to. If you want to stay here for more than another minute, you'll have to stay inside your room and clear of Knox. Do you understand that?"

"Yes, yes, I do." I nodded a couple of times.

"Good. Go in and don't make me tie you up again." He stood by the door and waited for me to go inside.

I took slow, careful steps into the room and stopped near the door. He dragged the door to himself and shut it before locking it with a key. I didn't protest or argue. Maybe it was better for all of us if I stayed locked in my room.

Read up to chapter 60 on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr